DW Meme Thread

I got sick of memes after about a decade of seeing them daily. But these are actually pretty good.

Anything that butchers a trend that is lame and unfunny 99% of the time is OK by me... Keep these coming.

Best thread ever. So many great ones. My fav:

Attachments

• Meme 3.jpg
    Meme 3.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,041
beatbomb_zps40becc88.jpg

I know I'm repeating myself, but...

Most of these are just pictures with captions. Like Grea's cartoons but with a photo instead of a drawing. Memes are called memes because they're lots of variations on the same thing, that's largely where the humour is derived from. Calling some of these 'memes' is like watching a Chaplin film and calling it a sitcom...it doesn't mean it's not funny, it just means the label is wrong. Right?

Here's my vote for (blast?) beats instead of bombing (found on facebook a few weeks ago but I forgot to upload it at that time).

Ben, I think we got it now. Whatever... should we rename the thread then? ;-)
And yes, it has been said already. Info received - thanks.

Attachments

• George Kollias.jpg
    George Kollias.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 2,981
Just contributing to the discussion.

I thought that analogy of playing double bass metal beats in a jazz quartet was a good one. And if one's a fan of the particular sort of internet culture that produces these, it's a bit like having a conversation with someone about jazz that turns into how much they enjoy Kenny G...

Anyway.

opbk5.jpg

If there's no meme here, there should be a meme here. If it's not I guess the server is down or something.

Last edited:
Can't see it, Duncan :(

And people think I've been living down a coal mine.

Choh.

Did I surprise you? Please say Yes.

Back