Evans heads?

I've been using Remo for 5 or 6 years now. Ambassadors on snare, coated emperors on toms but I've heard alot of drummers using the Evans Reverse Dot on snares and it sounds amazing! I'm thinking of trying it out on my snare since it's not actually battered I don't believe?

I'm still sticking with the Remo Powerstroke Pro I think though, what tom heads should I try out? I really like the sound from my coated emperors. They sound lively! So I doubt I'll change them.

Evans Coated G2 over Clear G1. Give them a try. If you want a more open sound, use Evans Clear G2 for batters.

The Evans Genera Resonate heads really brighten up two ply batters.
You should give them a try on your high toms.
The EC1 Resonant is really cool on floor toms.
Evans makes dedicated tom reso's that really do the job. It isn't just hype.
I was shocked when I first experimented with them.

I put an Evans reverse dot on one of my snares, and it was good. I was hoping for more highs in the sound though. I tried really cranking up the Evans head to get more of the high frequencies. But it didn't seem to help. I'm putting a Remo Ambassador on it again to get back those high frequencies I'm missing.

I'd go with Igoe's setup (though, sometimes he uses a EC2 on tom batter)
Evans G2 Coated over G1 Clear. Evans Power Center Reverse Dot over Hazy 300. EMAD over "what ever you may like."

I love the Evans EC Reverse Dot Snare Batter head! I use it on three different snares, all 5x14: Ludwig Supraphonic (my church's drumset), Pearl Sensitone, and Pacific SX. That is the sound I have wanted for a long time. For toms I like the clear G2 over EC Resonant combo. Peace and goodwill.

I like many heads from the Big Three.
Every head manufacturer makes great drumheads.
I have been playing since 1970 and I have been trying and experimenting with different heads, tuning tensions, and head combinations since almost day one of my quest to play the drums.

My advice to all is to slowly experiment and have fun with numerous head selections and tunings. You have your whole life to explore.

Back