Fattest drummer?

Agreed, Thomas McCree's another big guy as well.

I think it has to do with a center of gravity thing. When you're a bigger guy you get to worry less about leaning into or over to a certain area of the kit. You're center of gravity is already pretty established, so you get to (if you can) send your hands, arms, and shoulders every which way.

And maybe all the extra weight forces them to learn to play for efficiently? I just bought all new pants (2 sizes larger than before) so I should be finding out for sure soon :|

The front line must get sick of the ham smell from their arms and pits rubbing incessantly. Aaron Spears is the biggest I've seen. Whichever throne he uses I'm going to buy, because that guy SLAMS some of his accents and his seat with his cheeks at the same time, and nada. Not even a creak coming through the snare side mic.

Seriously though, I was 108kg's when I was 15, I should know. Cakes and pies? I was your man.

Maybe Mitch Mitchell? Watch the clip of him playing at Monterey Pop in the middle sixties. Hendrix plays Wild Thing and proceeds to smash his guitar whilst Mitch goes ballistic over his kit. Almost looks as though the camera had been sped up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iTXdZscdm4 Wild Thing

The drummer Prince had during the Diamonds and Pearls era was pretty big.

Michael Bland was/is really big. Saw him 2 years ago in Mpls at a jam... 350lbs easy.

Michael Bland was/is really big. Saw him 2 years ago in Mpls at a jam... 350lbs easy.

I couldn't recall his name. I saw him on the LotusFlow3r? 3-night Prince gig on tv some time back, and he was the first drummer to cross my mind. I remembered overalls and a phat pocket; that is all.

Topgun - Michael was the regular drummer for the jam at Bunker's when I saw him last. Laid down some serious grooves. He was so big... he just stayed on the riser between sets, and those who wanted to say hi went up to him!

Bermuda

I will put in my hat in the ring:

I am of the big white guy drummers someone asked about. And I like to think I have a pretty good pocket. So...yeah...

...but srsly, I need to lose weight. Even moving the drums from home to car, no stairs (!!!) and I'm huffin and puffin...

yeah...

Topgun - Michael was the regular drummer for the jam at Bunker's when I saw him last. Laid down some serious grooves. He was so big... he just stayed on the riser between sets, and those who wanted to say hi went up to him!

Bermuda

Looks like I have a new hang out to go to.

Maybe Mitch Mitchell? Watch the clip of him playing at Monterey Pop in the middle sixties. Hendrix plays Wild Thing and proceeds to smash his guitar whilst Mitch goes ballistic over his kit. Almost looks as though the camera had been sped up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iTXdZscdm4 Wild Thing

I need glasses! I thought it read FASTEST DRUMMER.......aaaarrrgggghhhhh!

I knew this HUGE dude. Easily bigger than the fellow in that video. He played in a punk band, and he was an awesome drummer. The craziest thing, is he barely moved his arms or legs. Most of his movement was in his wrists and ankles.

He recently lost all of his weight, though. Now, he looks like a turtle. Still an awesome dude, though.

I am usually introduced as 'Ladies and gentlemen, NOT the fattest rock and roll drummer in the world...but DAMN close...Mr Jonny Sumo...'

...............306lbs of pent up sexual energy playing an electric drum kit.....oh yes..

Back