Lose the 'bing' banners, Please! I beg you!

How low ones tolerance must be for these ads to bother you...my god man, what are they doing...dancing all around your screen? I see nothing at all that bothers me in the least that would cause me to throw up a thread about it...ROFL! Relax and just do the forum...I would welcome that donut ad, but in the US I am seeing Music123...I shall take a click diversion NOW.

How low ones tolerance must be for these ads to bother you...my god man, what are they doing...dancing all around your screen? I see nothing at all that bothers me in the least that would cause me to throw up a thread about it...ROFL! Relax and just do the forum...I would welcome that donut ad, but in the US I am seeing Music123...I shall take a click diversion NOW.

I'm guessing they must be......from Mike, the Op..........

I don't get why they get first dibs on my cursor after the requisite period of loading

I'll trade you a couple of delightful Aussie donuts, for some sound US pricing on drum gear??

Mike, old boy, I agree with drumhead. They're cool and, as others have said, they help Bernhard keep the site ticking over. Today's banner's now asking me:

Are YOU Tired of Playing the SAME DRUM FILLS Over and Over Again?

Wow, Google doesn't only know where I live, it knows my drumming! :)

PFOG, will try to get started on Don't Bash Ringo! soon ... any requests for colour or imagery?

The only way to run a site without an entry fee is selling some advertisments.

Beside some Drum Industrie related ads i also have Google ads.

I try to keep the Google ads as friendly as possible.

Ads for Cosmetic Procedures & Body Modification, Dating, Drugs & Supplements, Get Rich Quick, Politics, References to Sex & Sexuality, Religion, Ringtones & Downloadables, Sexual & Reproductive Health, Video Games (Casual & Online), Weight Loss should have been blocked....and yes, Google spreads the banners regional.

Bernhard

The only way to run a site without an entry fee is selling some advertisments.

Beside some Drum Industrie related ads i also have Google ads.

I try to keep the Google ads as friendly as possible.

Ads for Cosmetic Procedures & Body Modification, Dating, Drugs & Supplements, Get Rich Quick, Politics, References to Sex & Sexuality, Religion, Ringtones & Downloadables, Sexual & Reproductive Health, Video Games (Casual & Online), Weight Loss should have been blocked....and yes, Google spreads the banners regional.

Bernhard
Hey Bernhard, no issues with the banner ads whatsoever, but have you considered the idea of Drummerworld merchandise? This is not the first time it's been mentioned, and each time it's attracted considerable support. I'm sure many of us would love to buy some high quality stuff. Heck, I suggested a "Don't Bash Ringo" shirt or cap, & Polly's getting on the design as I type this. Thoughts? There's willing help here if you want it.

Hey Bernhard, no issues with the banner ads whatsoever, but have you considered the idea of Drummerworld merchandise? This is not the first time it's been mentioned, and each time it's attracted considerable support. I'm sure many of us would love to buy some high quality stuff. Heck, I suggested a "Don't Bash Ringo" shirt or cap, & Polly's getting on the design as I type this. Thoughts? There's willing help here if you want it.

Reality Check: The last attempt with merchandise was very dissapointing. We also had considerable support - but in fact only very view shirts were ordered. One little banner brings more than 100 shirts...

But i give it again some thinking - not for the money, but fun.

Bernhard

If someone markets a "Don't bash Ringo" T-shirt.....I am a buyer.

Here ya go, PFOG - no purchase necessary ... just lots of black ink :)

Since I don't have the rights to the image I used for this I couldn't ethically flog this design off without finding the copyright owner. Just for fun ...

Attachments

• don't back ringo poster.jpg
    don't back ringo poster.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,860
Reality Check: The last attempt with merchandise was very dissapointing. We also had considerable support - but in fact only very view shirts were ordered. One little banner brings more than 100 shirts...
Bernhard
Thanks Bernhard, I can fully appreciate the economics. Quite surprised you got a poor take up last time around, but then again, that wouldn't shock me either.

But i give it again some thinking - not for the money, but fun.
And that's the main reason to do it.

Wow, I forgot to check back on this thread!

I don't mind the banner adds at all, actually, but something in the "bing" banner was grabbing my cursor and placing it in the bing search field thereby thwarting my attempts to navigate around this site. Aaargh!

So in a fit of frustration, I threw up this thread that was more annoyance at Microsoft's craftiness than at the way DW's paying the bills. I definitely wasn't looking to ruffle any feathers.

Sorry for that :-(

if your gonna do shirts, my suggestion: a picture of bernhard on the front with "i'm not steve gadd, but i DID stay at a holiday inn last night" on the back...

if your gonna do shirts, my suggestion: a picture of bernhard on the front with "i'm not steve gadd, but i DID stay at a holiday inn last night" on the back...
I love it!
Bernhard should wear one of those shirts whenever he travels.

Back