Pat Petrillo here!

Well the end of the week has come and gone. Perhaps you should actually have a product before you spend a year hyping it.

Man, I could not agree more. Very unprofessional, and claiming that "pat goes for perfection and that takes time", as someone else said on here, insinuates that others don't and only Pat does (NOTE: pat certainly didn't say this himself, it was another poster here).

I'm sure Pat is very diligent but to stir up interest too far in advance of any product (and it seems to happen time and time again-the Pad, the dvd's, the sticks), is simply unprofessional and is disrespectful to the end user who may be saving money or planning purchases.

Hi guys

All valid points guys, and sorry for your displeasure. My editor is compressing the clips to put on the site, as they are in HD, so, he assured me tomorrow I will have the clips to post...I am at their mercy.

As far as a year of "hype", many companies do hype and take pre orders for product. It helps to gauge interest and potential sales. Perhaps this was too long, and again, I apologize.

So, please be aware that I am trying to push them as much as I can..

I'm sure when you see them, you will realize what goes into something like this..

Also, the release negotiations with the distributor are also a consideration, but that hurdle was cleared.

Once again, please accept my apologies in the delay.

As far as a year of "hype", many companies do hype and take pre orders for product. It helps to gauge interest and potential sales. Perhaps this was too long, and again, I apologize.

Yes it was too long!

With the success of your HGandF video and both versions of your P4 pad (very fine products), there should be little doubt that the interest is there. I understand you are at the mercy of the distributor however, you have done a poor job at communicating to your customer base (at least here on Drummerworld) about what is going on. You have taken money from these people and have not shown the simple courtesy to keep them updated. I hope this all works out for everyone.

Lighten up, Muckster; the dude gave us an explanation and an apology, nough said. Anyway, I gave my money to I believe it was The American Music Group, who is handling the sales end...I doubt Pat has seen anything resembling money at THIS stage...lol.
Pat...I assume lesson learned...muckster makes a good point, the interest is there for your products, so less hype will be necessary for future products...just my opinion.

Hi everyone

Here are a couple clips from the pre mastered editing of the "Learn to Read Rhythms" DVD, that are compressed down to view in context. We created a test site to view, because to compress it down to upload here really takes the quality down quite a bit.

We combined a couple exercises for you to get the idea of how it it is presented.

(Of course the "normal" size is larger, and the quality is HD ! )

Dotted 8th, 16th Exercise
http://www.test.riverviewstudios.com/2009/petrillo/clip2.mov

Syncopation, and 8th Triplet Exercise
http://www.test.riverviewstudios.com/2009/petrillo/clip3.mov

The finished HD edit/mastering is winding down!

Of course, it also includes the 100 page pdf ebook, and all examples on mp3

Will keep you updated on shipping..

Thanks to all for your patience.

All the Best.

Lighten up, Muckster; the dude gave us an explanation and an apology, nough said. Anyway, I gave my money to I believe it was The American Music Group, who is handling the sales end...I doubt Pat has seen anything resembling money at THIS stage...lol.
Pat...I assume lesson learned...muckster makes a good point, the interest is there for your products, so less hype will be necessary for future products...just my opinion.

Yea guys, I wouldn't discredit Pat in any way for his latest endeavors... I mean shoot, you know the whole iPhone/AT&T thing with MMS messaging finally with 3.0 update? Well, it didn't come and we had to wait until 3.1! But it was certainly "promised" this past summer for months on end. How's that for building hype?

As someone who knows Pat and has talked with him about vendor delivery, I can guarantee he is doing everything he can to get his product available. He apologized, and I'm sure better communications will be had in the future.

Dom

That looks good Pat! Thanks.

Yep, thanks, Muckster, it's down the home stretch..Looking great in HD...Adding the pdfs and mp3 clips, mastering next.

Happy Birthday, Pat! Saw it was your Birthday on Facebook, so I wanted to drop you a line here, and say thanks for all the great things you provide for us drummers. Love your DVD/Book, it has helped me so much

Jason

Happy Birthday Pat & Many More iii

Best Wishes for Super Day

picture.php

WOW, guys, thanks so much! I am blessed to do what I do, with the support of a great family, & God.

Thanks again!
Pat

I received this email today.

From the desk of The American Music Group
Petrillo Enterprises

Learn to Read Rhythms Update!

To those who have pre-ordered "Learn to Read Rhythms, Better", Pat would like to sincerely thank you for pre-ordering and
also for your patience. He has asked us to send this note out to you as an update of where we are in this much-anticipated project.

The project itself is 99% completed save a few editing "tweaks", DVD authoring revisions (so every clip is reviewable), and final mastering.

This project was so large, it is now officially a 2 DVD SET, including the 105 page eBook, and the mp3 play along reading examples.

We will get the final go ahead from the distribution company (one that you all will recognize), and will send it out as soon as we do.

Pat has asked us to send his personal apologies for this project taking as long as it has, but we are nearly at the end and all we can say is that it will well be worth the wait!
If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to answer all questions.

Thanks, once again,

Mike,
American Music Group

I replied about the first group of us getting Autographed copies and was told that we would. so things are moving along.

Hi Pat,

Greetings from the UK.

I treated myself to your DVD/book for Christmas.

I've got a whole load of drun DVDs and most just seem to show off a drummer's chops.

Yours is one of the few which has great practical use and there's a whole stack of stuff to learn.

Among other things, I'm looking forward to sussing those Gadd ratamacues and the 6-note combinations.

Great stuff.

Best wishes for 2010...

supermac

Thanks so much for the kind words ! The variations and movements I show you are very interchangeable and useful...How are you diggin the grooves?

I will be back out in the UK in March, so perhaps I will connect with you then

Pat

Pat,

I'm finding the whole DVD really useful.

I got an electronic kit for practice not long ago, so I'm getting stuck into to all the exercises and I'm able to play along with the CD files.

Got to admit, I went straight to the Gadd/ratamacue stuff first as it's had me scratching my head for years.

The sticking and foot combos are relatively straightforward but sound amazing once you've got them nailed.

As you rightly say though, they need to be used 'musically'. I played with my bar band the weekend gone and just managed to resist throwing them in just for the sake of it!

When I was a kid back in the 80s I played in a cheesy covers band and would throw the Bonham triplets thing into Sweet Caroline, just because I could. It must have sounded terrible.

I suppose it proves I've made some progress as a musician!

Do you know your UK itinerary yet?

Best wishes...

Back