Rock and a hard place.

Thanks Polly. At the end of day, if I have to I will hit things here and there.

That's a real shame, Ian. Hope things improve soon.

When I stopped playing I bought a cheap djembe at a market to tide me over. Also had a pair of bongos. It's good to have something to keep tapping on, although if worst comes to worst we always have our thighs (and anything else in the house that's hittable).

Actually, since I live in a flat, I'd do more drumming on my thighs / desks / railings etc than I get to play on my kit!

Holy Larry! your willingness to help me out and from the fellows is amazing!!! I will send you a Private Message. Thank you!

Ian how much do you need? If I sent 300.00 USD would that solve anything?

You are a lovely woman Polly, thanks for the help. I will send a PM to you.

Good idea, Larry. We could chip in.

Ian, if you can cash Aussie cheques in Venezuela I'll chip in $100 if it will help you keep your kit.

Thanks mate! true it's part of life.

Hey its the ups and downs of life...Harrys got it right..You will always be a drummer......Do what you have to do....If thats what you have to do,.........there is another kit to be had down the road!!!.All the best to ya

Thanks for your kind words, mate.

I've never been in the situation where I had no choice but to sell of drums, but I've been close.

Thankfully, I was able to work through it before getting to that point.

I hope you are able to solve your issues soon.

Thoughts from a real brother, thanks.

Paypal would work. If he does lose the kit, I would be willing to part with one of my snare drums, I'm sure we could all piece together a kit & pies with no problem.

Thanks brother, it's good to see that you believe in people again...I do now.

I'm young and don't have a ton of money, but seeing this kind of brings back my faith in people. I can match Polly's offer.

You are a real mate, I like that - action not words. I will send you a PM....Thanks.

Shit, Ian, I've only just picked this up. Selling your kit, no way man! Count me in on the chipping in deal.

Guys, sending stuff is expensive. Ian obviously has a kit he likes. Surely the best option is to keep the kit. Paypal is probably the best option, although those little greedy bas&&*^rds take a fee.

Ian, I know this was not the intent of your post, & I also suspect you're probably (if you're anything like me) too proud to come back to this thread & say yes please. So let's cut through all the crap and PM your paypal account details (usually done through your email address) directly to the members that have offered a bit of help. Hey, if we've offered help, it's because we care about a fellow drummer, and because we can afford to loose a bit of our own cash. The truth be known, we also get a warm feeling of satisfaction that we've thought of someone other than ourselves for a change. Ian, do it, that's an order from KIS!!! I await your PM.

P.S. Ian, if you don't have a Paypal account, setting one up is real easy. You'll need a bank account, & an email address. You can set it up in 5 minutes online. Good luck.

Thanks brother, I hope things work out better for you and family as well. Thanks!

Hey, that's sad to hear! Hope your family and home situation works out and you don't have to lose your beloved instrument!

I'm very much impressed and touched by your offers to donate money! I'd sure like to help out too, but I'm not sure if I can, unfortunately my wife and I have very little money ourselves at the moment. There have been some moments where we actually discussed selling some stuff too, but we didn't have to.

Hope it works out for you!

Beloved Brothers & Sisters,

First off, I want to - thank - each one of you. I took the time to read and answer each previous threads, because it was my duty to do so.

I'm speechless.You have the willingness, solidarity, to support and help another fellow drummer (Me, in this case) with any kind of resources available. It's just surprisingly and astonishing, I can't imagine.

Now, I do believe there are drummers, people with "A word of honour, faith and a great noble heart" above selffishness and materialism. Drummers are like Soldiers, United!

Love,

Ian

I'm new to the site, but, if you get a paypal thing going, let me know. I'll contribute what I can.

Ian, please send me a PM when you work out the details of the account, I'm able to contribute as well.

count me in, just PM the details.

i´ve been down this road before, actually twise, where i had to sell my rig. a real bummer.

Ian, I got your PM and I will send you what I can.
It isn't much, because times have been hard for me also.
It has been slow for me at work too. Gig money has also been hard to come by.
I am still OK, but I have a daughter in college and I too have many expenses at the current time.

Back