My favorite sticks

In this order...

Vic Firth's American Hickory 5A

Pro-Mark White Oak 5A

Vic Firth Dave Weckle Signatures

Pro-Mark Hot Rods

Pro-Mark Broom Sticks

I always loved the Regal Tip Daniel Adair sticks. But I also like to try new things. When I ordered a pari of them a few weeks ago, I also ordered a pair of Josh Freese sticks, as I love his work with A Perfect Circle, totally my drumming style sometimes. They are immaculate. My Adair sticks are laying around now, the Josh Freese sticks are the same length and diameter, but a different tip, and a lot heavier, which I didn't think i'd like at first. (You're looking at a guy who used to swear by Mike Portnoy sticks... 7A) But they're just great. My playing literally improved after getting these sticks. The balance on them is just perfect for my hands.

Anyway, I just love them.

I love the Pro-Mark 5A Hickory - The Natural - nylon tip

The last time I bought them the guy at the store said he can't stand the naturals said; 'they feel like nails on a chalkboard.' I guess a person must love or hate these...

I love the Pro-Mark 5A Hickory - The Natural - nylon tip

The last time I bought them the guy at the store said he can't stand the naturals said; 'they feel like nails on a chalkboard.' I guess a person must love or hate these...

Too each his or her own I personally like pro-mark natural's I don't. seem to drop them as much.

My favorite big sticks are the Vater 3a nylon tip of course they play really nice for being a larger dia. stick.

My favorite small stick are and always will be Regal-Tip 7a's no stick IMO has a better side stick click.

My favorite all-around sticks are either Pro-Mark 420's or Vic Firth 5a's and yes nylon tip.

Bonzolead

atm i use one VF nylon stick for his hat (nylons have been sound on the cymbals) and one Pro-Mark.

both 5A
need to buy a new set though, Pro-Marks seem to be better then Vic Firths...

My favorite sticks are Vic Frith American Classic Extreme X5A's.
Very durable, yet light at the same time, and are a little bit longer for easier reach.

Carter Beauford Signatures.

Diameter of a 5A, and the taper and tip of a 5B (enhanced durability). Love it. But it's a little heavy though.

Re: My favorite sticksl

As of right now my favorite stick are Regal Tip 3B nylon tips.

does anyone know what the joe porcaro maple sticks are like? Look nice......5A (JPM5A)

i am going for a stick with nice rebound, but with a full feel on cymbals like the peter erskine ride stick...????

Zildjian super 5A's. 16 1/2" long, .585 thick, wood tip, Hickory. Lasts for a good long time.

Attachments

• 5A_2.jpg
    5A_2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 539
My favorite sticks are from http://www.Customstix.com I use the Black crosses personalized design. they are 5B hickory wood tip. They last forever and feel great. I used to have a Vater endorsement, but now I use Custom Stix. They are more my style.

My favorite sticks are Vic Frith American Classic Extreme X5A's.
Very durable, yet light at the same time, and are a little bit longer for easier reach.

I use them as well and love them. I used the Jack Dejohnette's for the longest time, which are the same specs as the extremes, but i got tired of the paint rubbing onto my cymbals.

Vic Firth - Peter Ernskine sticks all the way !

I love the extra diameter of my Vater Fusions atm. Changed my tastes in drumsticks all of a sudden :p I like the weight too, now I'm finding light sticks a little hard to play.

Back