Drumming cartoons

@ Henri - depending on which way you look at it you have a flatulent contortionist standing on his chin (who, incidentally, is shaped like a drumset and whose face is a reso head) ... or you have a hybrid between a 4-armed woman drummer and her kit (which has a face-like design on the reso head).

@ Luke - I think you perfectly captured the feeling we have when we see someone who kicks our sorry drumming ass ... it makes you feel clumsy, gauche and really unhip. Actually, that's in my past. I don't feel like that any more because so many people here have told me sweet lies when I've posted my playing :)

As I said on another thread, I may not be one of the cats ... more like a hamster ... but happy with my hamster-ness. As a great muse once said, "it's hip to be square"

And yes, it's supposed to be QC. Good that at least someone's on the ball

@ Ian ... yes, plead, whimper, grovel ... that's how I like it, my friend ... to smell the fear ... to see the whites of your eyes as the knife twists ...

Do you have a closer face shot? It's hard to be brutal from a distance :) Arky's shots are great - perfect hehehehe

@ Luke - I think you perfectly captured the feeling we have when we see someone who kicks our sorry drumming ass ... it makes you feel clumsy, gauche and really unhip. Actually, that's in my past. I don't feel like that any more because so many people here have told me sweet lies when I've posted my playing :)

But you're wrong, there were no lies ;)

Surrender to my feet Devil Doll...I'm the Punisher...Pain & Pleasure...hahaha! ;-)

@ Ian ... yes, plead, whimper, grovel ... that's how I like it, my friend ... to smell the fear ... to see the whites of your eyes as the knife twists ...

Do you have a closer face shot? It's hard to be brutal from a distance :) Arky's shots are great - perfect hehehehe

Attachments

• Ian7.JPG
    Ian7.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,096
  • Devo whip it.gif
    Devo whip it.gif
    485.1 KB · Views: 1,115
  • fmv14.gif
    fmv14.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 979
Ian's reminds me of the Guernica.

lol, not sure I'm seeing the connection, Abe .....

guernica.jpg

The optometrist beckons :)

If I could do something like that I'd be ... shocked? Picasso? Dead and in heaven??

When I was doing digital art, Picasso filled the place in my life that Steve Gadd and Pretty Purdie do today - and the influence was even more obvious http://www.sangrea.net/rijidij/featured.htm

LOL again - that comparison's too funny!

Ta for the thumbs up, Abe, but for now digital art is on the backburner. Thinking of getting back into writing again ... a dilettante to the end :)

LOL again - that comparison's too funny!

Ta for the thumbs up, Abe, but for now digital art is on the backburner. Thinking of getting back into writing again ... a dilettante to the end :)

Long live the dilletantes. Xpress yoself!

naw.. just shot it. Its part wannabe Thaard/part flubby groove. For participation purposes only '; )

Abe, all the grooves I've heard from you are crisp, energetic and with finely weighted internal dynamics. Maybe they're flubby against the Gadds and Dicensos, but well and truly out of my league!

Looking forward to Ian's reaction ... it's not hard to transform photos - a few minor adjustments and anyone can be spooky :)

Attachments

• evil-me-drumming.jpg
    evil-me-drumming.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,064
Thanks Polly..I'm in the funny papers!!!

Polly...you devil-doll! I knew you had a dark-evil-gloomy touch...But I Like It! :)

A bit twisted, I know, but ...

I´m honoured! I was part of Picasso's art history at the living present and THANKS to Grea!

> Abe/Aydee: Now is your turn mate! Come on! step out of the dungeon...show your face...and let Polly to have some fun. ;-)

You are progressively getting artier and artier, Pol. Ian's reminds me of the Guernica..

Geeez!!! Was my first impression. Then looking at the details...bits and pieces put together...Wow! Unbelievable was my second reaction due to the time and dedication you have spent on the sort of photo transformation job.
Grea/Polly - You are an artist beyond drummer making a legend minotaur out of me...By the way, I won't have a fight to kiss you twice with those lovely teeth! hahaha :)

Thanks for signing off my floor tom batter head..!

A big hug for you! :)

Looking forward to Ian's reaction ... it's not hard to transform photos - a few minor adjustments and anyone can be spooky :)

Last edited:
Abe/Aydee: Now is your turn mate! Come on! step out of the dungeon...show your face...and let Polly to have some fun. ;-)

He did earlier on, Ian. Sadly, I flubbed it. One of my bestest buds on this site and I failed with the caricature :(

... the time and dedication you have spent on the sort of photo transformation job.
Grea/Polly - You are an artist beyond drummer making a legend minotaur out of me...By the way, I won't have a fight to kiss you twice with those lovely teeth! hahaha :)

Thanks for signing off my floor tom batter head..!

A big hug for you! :)

Ian, you know whose signature is on the batter head, don't you? :)

These things always end up with a fair bit of detail - a tweak here and a tweak there until no element of it is too jarring. A bit like drum part arrangements.

Yeah! My daddy - Ian Paice. That title you granted me the other day: Ian Paice's Love Child fitted like a glove. You are pleasing me too much my dear! :*)

They end up "Beautiful and Totally Free." That's your "Art". The old Latin saying: Life is short and Art is long.

Ian, you know whose signature is on the batter head, don't you? :)

These things always end up with a fair bit of detail - a tweak here and a tweak there until no element of it is too jarring. A bit like drum part arrangements.

Last edited:
Abe/Aydee: Now is your turn mate! Come on! step out of the dungeon...show your face...and let Polly to have some fun. ;-)

She did. Its there somwhere near the begining of the thread. I have a lower lip that got stung by a bumblebee, my one eye is melting off my face like a Salvador Dali painting and I look an ugly18. Other than that, its spot on ; )

Back