My New Ludwigs

Mikedownunder

Got my Ludwig Epic shell pack the other day and i must sat that im mightily impressed.
The finish is stunning, and looks great with the wood grain showing through.
Had my first jam last night and it is booming! With only a small towel against the batter head (until i get my emad) the kick is awesome. you can feel her in your chest. Still working on the tuning as i live in a weatherboard house with wooden floorboards so the whole house resonates haha!

anyway here's some pics to start...

DSC02794.jpg

DSC02793.jpg

DSC02796.jpg

DSC02789.jpg

DSC02781.jpg

Nice drums, indeed. Beautiful Tobacco Burst finish.

Man...those Epics are some seriously sexy drums. Are the edges and shell thickness the same as Classic Maples? What type of wood, birch?

Man...those Epics are some seriously sexy drums. Are the edges and shell thickness the same as Classic Maples? What type of wood, birch?

she is actually a combination of Birch and Maple. Snares and bass drums are 8-ply, with birch making up the two outer and inner plies. In between the birch is a 4-ply central section of maple. The toms are six plies thick and are made with a similar sandwich of two outer and inner birch plies framing two middle plies of maple.

the vintage looking lugs and hoops are a great combination with the mahogany burst lacquer finish.
i try and post a vid up when i get back from the States.

Back