Your Favorite Alcohol High

Jameson Irish Whiskey. Oh so smooth, and it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. :)

Bookers bourbon, yummy...120-130 proof :D
Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA
Unibroue Trois Pistoles

Those are my top three alcohol choices for a cozy night.

Pale ales and IPA's are my absolute favorite. Currently I would have to say that Stone IPA and Little Sumpin' Sumpin' are at the top of my charts. But for most normal days, I buy Sierra Nevada Pale Ale at Walmart. Tastes great and not too expensive.

Second choice is liquor. I like bourbon on the rocks (JD or Woodford Reserve) and quality tequila, neat - Don Julio 1942 is good, as is Classe Azul. In a pinch, Cuervo Tradicional is acceptable when chilled in the freezer.

I also really like red wine, and when I say red wine, I mean cabernet sauvignon. I try to stick to the Napa Valley wines. There are soooo many choices when it comes to wine - I restrict myself to that particular region just so that I can develop enough breadth of experience to be able to make a more intelligent selection. For example, I know that I like cabs from Mt. Veeder from 2009, because I've had a couple different ones that I thought were very good. So if I see one on a wine list somewhere, I can be reasonably sure that it will be of similar quality.

I like to drink good IPA's or Sierra Nevada pale ale. They tend to make me a little classy and I think deeper.

My other drink of choice is gin. Straight up, with tonic, or in a tom collins . It just makes me feel good inside.

Of coarse a lot of shows I have played we get free bud light or something else I am not a fan on. Don't care for it but It will get you drunk if you drink enough. Once you get to that point the taste doesn't matter anymore.

I like to drink good IPA's or Sierra Nevada pale ale. They tend to make me a little classy and I think deeper.

My other drink of choice is gin. Straight up, with tonic, or in a tom collins . It just makes me feel good inside.

Of coarse a lot of shows I have played we get free bud light or something else I am not a fan on. Don't care for it but It will get you drunk if you drink enough. Once you get to that point the taste doesn't matter anymore.
Have you tried the Sierra Nevada Torpedo yet?

I've gone back to Red Bull & Vodka recently. No more than two before a gig though, or anytime for that matter, then back to whiskey. :)

I'd have to go with scotch or bourbon. I've drunk quite a bit more bourbon in my short years, however, so I'll have to go with that.

Let me paint you a picture:

It's August in Colorado. You're in an old gold rush town, already a little bit drunk, walking with a some new friends down Main Street, where the sounds and smells of coal-burning steam locomotives and gasoline-belching Harley-Davidsons intermingle in the cool night air. There was rather large inflatable penis at that last bar, but you choose to ignore it for the time being. You enter another bar a block down - the door is on the corner of the building; the doors are that old saloon-type swinging door that you only thought existed in spaghetti westerns, and yet, here it is, and you're walking through it. There's an older gentleman at the upright piano wearing white and black, really cranking out some ragtime. The whole place appears to be lit as if by candlelight; the men behind the bar are dressed in the same white long-sleeve shirts and black vests, but with the addition of thick waxed mustaches, they look every bit their part. Attractive women in feathers and tight corsets that shine like fish scales in the dim light roam amidst the tables, taking orders and fetching drinks. You and your friends decide that such a place requires a good whiskey of some sort, and you settle on Buffalo Trace, straight; one for each of you. The piano man calls at you - you'd requested Maple Leaf Rag, remember? He doesn't really know it, yet somehow makes his way through the best rendition of the Scott Joplin tune that you've ever heard someone-who-didn't-know-it pull out of his ass. And the bourbon is good. And life is good.

And that's why I like bourbon.

Re: What is the your favorite alcohol high?

I use Listorine sometimes. I aim for once a day, but sometimes I'm just too tired.

You don't swallow, do you? You're not supposed to swallow, you know.

I drink for the taste, not the high. I don't do that.... .....anymore.

Have you tried beertinis? Great taste and, if you're not careful, they will sneak up on you. Here's the recipe:

one can of frozen limeade concentrate
vodka (equal to the empty limeade can-grapefruit flavored is good but anything will work
three beers (I use Corona but any pale or light colored beer is good)

Mix and drink.

Fireball right out of the freezer. It's practically a syrup and is actually great on ice cream.

A bottle of Bulleit rye from the Whiskey Exchange will cost you forty quid.

Send me your address, Ben, and I'll ship a bottle over to you.

And he only went and did it!

tumblr_n0g0ujG6521sd3qy1o1_1280.jpg

I meant to post an update about this. I can't thank you enough, Jay. You are a gentleman's gentleman.

I'd have to go with scotch or bourbon. I've drunk quite a bit more bourbon in my short years, however, so I'll have to go with that.

Let me paint you a picture:

It's August in Colorado. You're in an old gold rush town, already a little bit drunk, walking with a some new friends down Main Street, where the sounds and smells of coal-burning steam locomotives and gasoline-belching Harley-Davidsons intermingle in the cool night air. There was rather large inflatable penis at that last bar, but you choose to ignore it for the time being. You enter another bar a block down - the door is on the corner of the building; the doors are that old saloon-type swinging door that you only thought existed in spaghetti westerns, and yet, here it is, and you're walking through it. There's an older gentleman at the upright piano wearing white and black, really cranking out some ragtime. The whole place appears to be lit as if by candlelight; the men behind the bar are dressed in the same white long-sleeve shirts and black vests, but with the addition of thick waxed mustaches, they look every bit their part. Attractive women in feathers and tight corsets that shine like fish scales in the dim light roam amidst the tables, taking orders and fetching drinks. You and your friends decide that such a place requires a good whiskey of some sort, and you settle on Buffalo Trace, straight; one for each of you. The piano man calls at you - you'd requested Maple Leaf Rag, remember? He doesn't really know it, yet somehow makes his way through the best rendition of the Scott Joplin tune that you've ever heard someone-who-didn't-know-it pull out of his ass. And the bourbon is good. And life is good.

And that's why I like bourbon.

That's awesome. Can I be your friend?

Did I mention that I really like gin? I like gin a lot. I just got some export strength (47%) Bombay Sapphire when I came back from Miami, which is a great mixing gin. My favourite in the world though is Williams Chase which is truly exceptional. That's the one I had at the Hilton after the LDS, people who were there...some of you tried it I think?

Before I quit drinking (quit when my daughter asked my wife why daddy always drank beer - ouch!) it went something like this:

Beer - fun buzz at about the 3 beer point, sustained through the first 12 pack. After that things would get sloppy.

Any whiskey - Good times until about the 3rd shot - then I'd get diarrhea of the mouth and could count on a black out. Behavior during black out was always interesting and a fun mystery to solve the next day. Usually would drunk-call someone or beg an ex to get back together. Never got violent or anything.

Rum - Never drank it much. Always thought rum and cokes were the drinks of amateurs.

Vodka - Only as a last resort would I drink vodka. Popular when I was a teen as it was always in our parents liquor cabinet and was easily cut with water. Years later my mom told me she knew we were cutting it!

Tequilla - Guaranteed black out. Last time I drank tequilla my last semi-conscious thought was figuring out how I was going to bash my friends head in with a beer bottle. I woke up at a bus stop several hours later in the middle of the city with a pool of vomit next to me. Also peed my pants. Good times.

Yeah - I should probably stay 'retired'....

MM

Rum and orange juice.

Beers-it has to be micro beers or the dark stuff. I can't drink Bud and the like anymore. Unless someone gives them to me.

Used be rum & coke but I can;t really drink coke any more - it just tastes too sweet (been on one of those anti-sugar diets and after getting off sweet stuff, I can;t take the taste any more).

Beer gives me bad hangovers these days. Dry red wine is now where it's at...

Back