Our lives are so hard!

Yeah, I love cats like Louis C. K. Biting observation/perception/commentary.​
A wise buddy of mine (ex-Marine Viet Nam combat vet) once said "people who sweat the small stuff have obviously never encountered intersecting automatic weapons fire".​

...and there are those that are whining about how myface or spacebook is taking over their lives because they have to deal messaging so much...

...sometimes the simple life seems like the most satisfying...I don't know, do we need that much technology?

Advancement or happiness?

Experience or innocence?

Yeah, I love cats like Louis C. K. Biting observation/perception/commentary.​
A wise buddy of mine (ex-Marine Viet Nam combat vet) once said "people who sweat the small stuff have obviously never encountered intersecting automatic weapons fire".​

Very wise man, indeed. Its all about perspective. It can change in an instant depending on a single event or experience.

Very wise man, indeed. Its all about perspective. It can change in an instant depending on a single event or experience.

Usually it's something dumb like a fall that does it. We humans are pretty robust critters but we can also be surprisingly fragile at times.

Just last night and this morning I was wracked with intense chills and back/kidney pains. I was sure it was the flu at one stage. Then I was ok. It turned out that I had a tooth abscess which gave me a mild dose of blood poisoning. Once I flossed this molar that had been bothering me for a few days and used antiseptic mouthwash I was fine.

It's amazing the things that can malfunction out of the blue ...

Make hay while the sun shines ...

I've heard of that before, the toothache/poison thing, but never knew of anyone firsthand. Glad it turned out OK Pol, I don't know if I could go on here without our little Pollyanna.....

Tell you what, Larry, the tooth thing is hard work! Infants can actually die of it if they get infected gums while teething. However, a big (increasingly so) critter like I am is a lot harder to knock off ...

That's a great clip! I'm always amazed when I fly too. I flew to NY last week and couldn't believe all the people who were closing the windows, and I'm thinking, "How often do you get to see the planet from 5 miles up?"

People spend a lot for houses/apartments/condos with views and here's the BEST view of the world in the world and people are closing the windows!

Amazing.

I can only imagine how bad life must have been back in my Grandfather's day.

I look at old black and white photos of him and I think how dull the world must have been without color.

Adults too!

:(

http://menmedia.co.uk/news/s/1182987_bad_tooth_killed_dad

I've heard dentists say it used to be a decently common cause of death before endodontics, but don't know much abt it (besides scaring the crap out of me)

Good grief! Glad I went to the doctor, but fortunately didn't need antibiotics. Our lives are more tenuous than we know ...

MikeM said:
That's a great clip! I'm always amazed when I fly too. I flew to NY last week and couldn't believe all the people who were closing the windows, and I'm thinking, "How often do you get to see the planet from 5 miles up?"

People spend a lot for houses/apartments/condos with views and here's the BEST view of the world in the world and people are closing the windows!

Couldn't agree more. It makes sense if the person's afraid, but for me it's always a buzz!

Jeremy Bender said:
I can only imagine how bad life must have been back in my Grandfather's day.

I look at old black and white photos of him and I think how dull the world must have been without color.

:)

Back