Best websites to buy electronic drum sets

Cartoon

I've been in the market for a new electronic drum set. I always check guitar center and musicians friends. But there.deals are the same. Even Sam ash is about the same price. I seen kraft music and at least they have bundles. Wondering if anyone's seen any other websites with great bundles or free shipping or just cheaper prices. I'm looking for either a yamaha dtx 562 and up or a roland td-11k. Trying to stay under 1300 usd. I've tried craigs list but a lot of them are scams for the penny auctions. And direction would be appreciated.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Without a doubt, RMC Audio. I've purchased a ton of e-drum stuff from them. Great service and low prices.

I've been in the market for a new electronic drum set. I always check guitar center and musicians friends. But there.deals are the same. Even Sam ash is about the same price. I seen kraft music and at least they have bundles. Wondering if anyone's seen any other websites with great bundles or free shipping or just cheaper prices. I'm looking for either a yamaha dtx 562 and up or a roland td-11k. Trying to stay under 1300 usd. I've tried craigs list but a lot of them are scams for the penny auctions. And direction would be appreciated.

$1300 would be REALLY good for the dtx562. Let us know how you eventually do.
Also, most of those places can knock off a few bucks if you call and ask.

I just went thru the same thing. I was leaning to the 11k, but convinced myself to go with the 562 kit.

New at my door for within your budget !!

You can try Sweetwater.com
No tax and free shipping cont. USA.
They used to make better deals than their website but that has changed.

rmcaudiodirect.com
Is king of the deals but you have to call them to get the best deal. Free shipping, no tax also.

Good luck

You can try Sweetwater.com
No tax and free shipping cont. USA.
They used to make better deals than their website but that has changed.

Nope. My recent experience has shown they will deal lower than the web price.

Just my experience.

I recently bought a new Roland TD-11KV. The consensus price from all the online shops (SW, ZZ, GC, etc.) was $1,599. However Kraft Music had it at $1,599 WITH a drum throne, pedal, pair of sticks and headphones included.

Just my experience.

I recently bought a new Roland TD-11KV. The consensus price from all the online shops (SW, ZZ, GC, etc.) was $1,599. However Kraft Music had it at $1,599 WITH a drum throne, pedal, pair of sticks and headphones included.

WHAT throne? WHAT pedal? WHAT headphones? Point being, if these are crap, you really haven't gained much. I never knew how good my edrums could sound until I ditched my $40 headphones (which I always THOUGHT were OK) for a good set ($200+) of studio headphones. I went with the Rolands, but strongly considered Beyer Dynamics (there's a LOT of good ones out there).

WHAT throne? WHAT pedal? WHAT headphones? Point being, if these are crap, you really haven't gained much.

I would say that I gained a throne I didn't have and a pedal I didn't have. Sure its not a Rock and Soc and a DW9000, but its better than nothing and easily upgraded later. I already upgraded the pedal, and the throne is serviceable until I get around to upgrading it.

I didn't really need the headphones or the drum sticks, but, hey, they came with the package so...

I never knew how good my edrums could sound until I ditched my $40 headphones (which I always THOUGHT were OK) for a good set ($200+) of studio headphones. I went with the Rolands, but strongly considered Beyer Dynamics (there's a LOT of good ones out there).

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD600's ($400) and a pair of AKG 240S ($99), and frankly, the 240s sound fine and they are more comfortable. If I needed studio reference quality, I'd run my e-kit through my Apogee Rosetta 200 ($1700) paired up to a pair of 3-way Focal Twin 6be reference monitors ($1500 a piece), but that's not the point.

If the point of the thread is "Best websites to buy electric drums", then I'd submit that if:

Company A is selling a kit bundle at $1,599 that included a throne, pedal, headphones and sticks

Company B is selling the same kit WITHOUT a throne, pedal, headphones, or sticks, most people would consider the Company A a better deal, even if they arent top notch quality.

But hey ,you can judge for yourself, here is the link where I bought it. They have some other bundles as well.

http://www.kraftmusic.com/roland-td-11kv-v-drums-v-compact-series-electronic-drum-set-drum-essentials-bundle.html

I'd never even heard of Kraft before I was in the market for e-drums. I'm usually a GC or SW customer. I just got a great deal on some triggers from them as well, so I'd rate them up there for e-kits and e-kit accessories, at least based on my limited experience.

Hope this helps someone.

That's cool. As long as Kraftmusic has a good rep for customer service, it makes since to use them. OP didn't really state where he's starting out from. If he alrady has a buttload of drum gear, he may have no use for any of the extra stuff, and may feel more comfortable going with a known retailer.

As far as headphones, you bring up an excellent point...price isn't everything, but there's a lot of people who think "headphones are headphones." (Exhibit A: all the people using stock IPhone earbuds. Pushed way into my ears, they sound OK, but they won't stay that way for more than ten seconds without needing adjustment). Sound and comfort are parmount; but realize it's probably going to cost more than $30 to get there.

Back