Istanbul Agop 30th Anniversary 22" Ride
30thride.jpg

Istanbul Agop SE Jazz Ride 22"
jazzride.jpg

Istanbul Agop 30th Anniversary hats 15"
hatsp.jpg

kitistanbul.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful set of cymbals craft. Can you upload a sound clip? By the way, You have a neat and tidy 4-piece set...It's lovely!

Beautiful set of cymbals craft. Can you upload a sound clip? By the way, You have a neat and tidy 4-piece set...It's lovely!

thanks brother

yeah I plan on throwing a sound file up
maybe later today

@Bull....Christmas in July indeed
I just file it under....things my wife doesn't know the price of

:)

Beautiful, GVD. I'm salivating here. Your pics inspired me to put up my bop kit in my apartment and take my chances with the neighbors :)

Beautiful, GVD. I'm salivating here. Your pics inspired me to put up my bop kit in my apartment and take my chances with the neighbors :)

hell yeah brother!!!!!

thats what I like to hear

You got them new? Used? Or is that classified? (In other words does your wife follow your posts?) If so...

Hi Mrs. G-man!

Your husband is a friggin great guy, he writes the best stuff here, and we would really appreciate it if you gave your blessing to anything he ever wants to do for the rest of your life.

Sincerely,

Your husbands fans who hang on his every word.

You got them new? Used? Or is that classified? (In other words does your wife follow your posts?) If so...

Hi Mrs. G-man!

Your husband is a friggin great guy, he writes the best stuff here, and we would really appreciate it if you gave your blessing to anything he ever wants to do for the rest of your life.

Sincerely,

Your husbands fans who hang on his every word.

hahaha

all brand new Lar

the 30th Anniversary cymbals are modeled after some of the classic cymbals from the 50s and 60s and purposely have that "unfinished" look.
they captured the classic sound pretty dead on if you ask me..
great defined stick articulation with just enough wash

...oh and the wife says hi

@ Chunkaway - I think they would work in those situations ...sure
beautiful sounding cymbals are beautiful sounding cymbals
definitely check them out for yourself though.
is there somewhere near you where you can bang on them a bit?

Tremendous picks and pics!

What are the weights? I know the "about" prices, so no need to disclose that.

Anthony, were you able to try before you buy? Or did you buy online? There's no places within 3 hours of me to hear Istanbul's, I have to either drive a lot or get any Turkish cymbals online...

@ Larry - yeah I played them for a bout 2 1/2 hours at Steve Maxwells drum shop in NYC.
I played about 10 different combinations and the contrast of the jazz ride and
30 Anniversary was one of the first combos I tried and it immediately jumped out at
me...and the 30th Anniversary hats were a no brainer...those things are butter.
I originally was playing the 14" hats and liked them very much...but then I threw
on the 15" and they just had that bite .....delicious !!!

@ D - the 30th Anniv. is 2314g
the Jazz ride is 2275g

both of them are 22" so that puts them in the light to medium light category

the hi hats are 15"
Top - 925
Bottom - 1127

I just saw in your pic that you have the Jazz ride as well....how amazing does that thing sound?
2069g is very light for a 22"......I bet that thing sounds amazing

Last edited:
Wow, exactly the two rides I'm thinking about, too! How do they sound? Do make a video :)!
I've owned an older OM ride, and I love the sound of the newer ones, so I'll probably be
buying one of these.
So you didn't want the SE Tony Williams one?

they didn't have the Tony Williams model in stock

I have played on it before and it is very nice

it actually sounds very similar to the 30 Anniversary that I got...it was a very similar weight as well ....with just a bit more wash

....yeah these cymbals sound amazing and are worth every penny ...I probably would have paid more if I had to just to get this sound

I plan on making some sound files for sure.....this is just a crazy weekend and I want to make sure I take my time and get a clean sound that represents these pies as best I can via a microphone and recording program.....which won't be a perfect representation....but will give you an idea

@ D - the 30th Anniv. is 2314g
the Jazz ride is 2275g

both of them are 22" so that puts them in the light to medium light category

the hi hats are 15"
Top - 925
Bottom - 1127

I just saw in your pic that you have the Jazz ride as well....how amazing does that thing sound?
2069g is very light for a 22"......I bet that thing sounds amazing

Beautiful!!!!

Yes, my 22" SE Jazz @ 2069 is amazing, as I'm sure yours is. I've placed it up alongside my old K ride and it's hard to tell the diff.

From what I've seen, most 22" 30th's come in around 2300- 2450 so yours seems right around the lower end from what I've been exposed to. Fabulous!

To compare/contrast weights for a moment, my Bosphorus Master Vintages are even lighter than my Istanbuls and sound ridiculous. 22" @1935g and 20" @1632g.

I've also been checking out the 30ths as well as the TW Ride. Deciding which one will be paired with an Agop Signature. The lathing on the TW's is interesting and helps to give it a unique character. They also seem to be a little heavier (2450-2800g's)

Agreed, the 30th Hi Hats are a no brainer and I feel the same way about the Agop Signature Hats.

Once you play the real Turkish stuff, assuming it's the sound you like, it's difficult to want to play much else (other than perhaps a Spizz). There are so many wonderful sounds to be had it's insane.

Beautiful!!!!

Yes, my 22" SE Jazz @ 2069 is amazing, as I'm sure yours is. I've placed it up alongside my old K ride and it's hard to tell the diff.

From what I've seen, most 22" 30th's come in around 2300- 2450 so yours seems right around the lower end from what I've been exposed to. Fabulous!

To compare/contrast weights for a moment, my Bosphorus Master Vintages are even lighter than my Istanbuls and sound ridiculous. 22" @1935g and 20" @1632g.

I've also been checking out the 30ths as well as the TW Ride. Deciding which one will be paired with an Agop Signature. The lathing on the TW's is interesting and helps to give it a unique character. They also seem to be a little heavier (2450-2800g's)

Agreed, the 30th Hi Hats are a no brainer and I feel the same way about the Agop Signature Hats.

Once you play the real Turkish stuff, assuming it's the sound you like, it's difficult to want to play much else (other than perhaps a Spizz). There are so many wonderful sounds to be had it's insane.

I've never owned cymbals that sound this good...and FEEL this good

its amazing....especially the SE Jazz ride as far as feel
the stick just loves to stay on top.
and you can really dig into that cymbal and it never gets out of control....I don't think I could get it to roar if I tried

from what I remember of the TW ride it was quite similar to the 30th Anniv. pie...just slightly more washy
that cymbal is gorgeous as well

I'm telling you bro....I sat down on the kit at Maxwells in the cymbal room ...this was the first combination I put up besides having 14" Anniv. hats instead of the 15"s

and I was like....I don't think I even have to look anymore.....but I had to...thinking.....no way this was that easy

but I forced myself to try every cymbal in the room in as may combinations as I could....so many combos sounded great....and I really really was loving the Bosphorus Vintage series....whoooooey....they are killer... I love how they flex and basically throw the stick back at you.....sound so amazing....so beautifully dry

but I kept thinking about that first combo I had up.....so after trying just about everything in the room...I put those back up

and there it was.....love

the only thing I was thinking was...I wish these hats had a tiny tiny bit more bite....so I reached down and grabbed the 15"s ....and boom....
the winning combo

these cymbals compliment each other like no cymbals I have ever played on
it's amazing how many voice options I have with just 2 rides and a set of hats
they are so versatile !!

they had a bunch of vintage Ks in the room ...I played them all....and this may sound crazy and be sacrilege ....but I liked the cymbals I bought better than the particular vintage Ks that they had in that room.....a lot of them would just ring forever.....dont get me wrong they were ridiculous!!!!....but I couldnt be more happy with what I got
...and honestly the 30th Anniv. cymbal sounded and looked almost exactly like my favorite K that they had ...and it cost almost 3 times as much

finally I own cymbals that sound like that amazing sound I have been hearing on all the jazz records I have loved for so long

what a feeling.....

I already couldn't stop playing my drums.....add these gorgeous pies to the mix
I'm gonna need a fridge, a stove and a toilet in my drum room

Last edited:
.....finally I own cymbals that sound like that amazing sound I have been hearing on all the jazz records I have loved for so long

what a feeling.....

I already couldn't stop playing my drums.....add these gorgeous pies to the mix
I'm gonna need a fridge, a stove and a toilet in my drum room

As they say, you know "it" when you find "it".... You found "it", put it to the test and came back... You know you found "it".

Congrats and have many wonderful years playing these babies.

I know this is an old thread, but came across it searching for Tony Williams rides.

In the original post, Tony said he has just a regular Special Edition Jazz ride, but the pic of the top of that cymbal, looks exactly like a TW edition ride, with the lathed outer couple inches. Typical TW weight is heavier at 2600g, and so Anthony on the face of it seems to have a really light TW ride.

Is this something I'm mistaken about?

Back