homemade drum case

jakester

so this is what i did this weekend.what do you think any thing i should add.

Attachments

• 100_0152.JPG
    100_0152.JPG
    353 KB · Views: 1,093
  • 100_0153.JPG
    100_0153.JPG
    324.2 KB · Views: 1,337
  • 100_0154.JPG
    100_0154.JPG
    325.1 KB · Views: 818
  • 100_0155.JPG
    100_0155.JPG
    352.2 KB · Views: 1,193
  • 100_0156.JPG
    100_0156.JPG
    333.4 KB · Views: 1,048
  • 100_0157.JPG
    100_0157.JPG
    337.4 KB · Views: 979
  • 100_0158.JPG
    100_0158.JPG
    238.5 KB · Views: 833
Definitely no mistaking what's in it. That thing must weigh a ton. I hope you never have to lift it.

Just an observation, but you had a "U" stencil for the word "UP", but you used a sideways C for "DRUMS". ;-)

will an old blanket work. that way i'll be able to clean it.

It will some protection against scratches etc....although I'd use a couple. Foam is lighter (which you're definitely gonna want) and will provide better protection in the long run.

Any crew will be asking for double wages to haul it around though. It definitely ain't a one man lift.

Definitely no mistaking what's in it. That thing must weigh a ton. I hope you never have to lift it.

Just an observation, but you had a "U" stencil for the word "UP", but you used a sideways C for "DRUMS". ;-)
yeah cause i taped the letters for stencil together. so it would be faster and it got the job done. and it really isn't that heavy. i put my drums and everything in it and me and my friend could put it in the back of a pickup truck with no problem.

It will some protection against scratches etc....although I'd use a couple. Foam is lighter (which you're definitely gonna want) and will provide better protection in the long run.

Any crew will be asking for double wages to haul it around though. It definitely ain't a one man lift.
and im guessing i can buy foam at any hardware store. at my high school we have these giant marimba cases that empty weight 80 pounds. one day after practice we had to lift those for 30 minutes with a marimba as a punishment talk about fun

You could always line it with carpet underpad, thats what I did with any of the hardshell cases I have that were not padded.

so this is what i did this weekend.what do you think any thing i should add.

How about some craftsmanship?

Not trying to be an ass, but serisouly, your drums deserve protection, if your going to save some money and do it yourself at least pay yourself the favor of learning, reading, and researching, then doing it right.

That just looks like you took an afternoon and hacked together a box from scraps you found laying around in someones garage.

Again not trying to be negative here, but I think your drums are less likely to be damaged outside the case than inside that monstrosity.

You can get the foam at a fabric store, and I would highly recommend you put some in there other wise your shells will get pretty beat up.

Definitely some padding. That case will do more damage than just soft bags. All of those screws hanging out would cause me concern

Back