Czarcie Kopyto (Devil's hoof) - Double bass pedal from Poland

Re: CZARCIE KOPYTO - best double bass pedal in the world

CK is cheaper because it's making in Poland (only for order). If it was mass production in USA CK would cost two times more than axis I think.

Looks like somebody probably failed his economics class (and English class, no offense). Considering economies of scale, if you have 2 similar items, one hand made to order and one mass produced, the mass produced item will make it to market at a lower unit cost. It's cheaper in Poland because is manufactured there. Axis and Trick are more expensive in Poland because they are imported, subjected to shipping/ freight charges and tariffs that must be passed on to the customer. In the USA, that pedal would probably be more than $1000 for any of us to get our hands on it. Case in point, look how much it is to buy a Sonor Giant step double pedal here in the states. Trick and Axis blow away the Sonor for value.

Re: CZRCIE KOPYTO - best double bass pedal in the world

Sorry, it does have a coil spring, so does TRICK, Speed King and Ghost... all coil springs.

Heel hinge bearings make it better than TRICK.

Yes but the Trick has a couple features that make it better than Devil's hoof. Looks like you have to remove the devil's hoof from the bass drum every time to adjust the spring tension. You can dial in your spring tension much faster on the trick without ever having to move the pedal. You can also adjust the distance of the entire drive assembly in relation to the drum head, one more adjustment in favor of the Trick. As far as the pin argument vs bearings in the heel hinge, that's a good point, theoretically, friction could be reduced even further by installing bearings there. It's totally subjective, but IMO compression spring action is better that stretch spring action. I have a few suggestions to improve on the Trick's design that come from competitor models: sonic hammer mallets like the axis AL-2's, a clip on the footboard to mount the "L" shaped drum key like the Pearl Demon, spurs, in addition to the industrial strength velcro, A docking station, like the Sonor Giant Steps that allow for quick mounting and dismounting from the bass drum hoops, and different configurations, specifically a left handed model and a middle double pedal like the Sonor gtep middle/ sleishman double or off-set.

I have a few suggestions to improve on the Trick's design that come from competitor models: ... A docking station, like the Sonor Giant Steps that allow for quick mounting and dismounting from the bass drum hoops

What could be quicker than the TRICK spring loaded lever for detaching from the BD hoop?

Docking Station is only good if you use the same bass drum every time.

Here's one for SONOR- Make Docking Station 'modular optional', useable on the pedal as well as left on the hoop. Extra Docking Stations are $50 and @ $999 for a Giant Step double its getting a little krazy.

Last edited:

I have a few suggestions to improve on the Trick's design that come from competitor models: ... A docking station, like the Sonor Giant Steps that allow for quick mounting and dismounting from the bass drum hoops

What could be quicker than the TRICK spring loaded lever for detaching from the BD hoop?

Docking Station is only good if you use the same bass drum every time.

Nah, man, docking station is the fastest way to mount a pedal to a drum especially since there's no spurs on the trick, as soon as it touches the carpet, it's stuck in place. Then you gotta lift up the front of your bass drum and drag it to the pedal, excaserbated by the bass drum spurs dragging or if rack toms are in the way of the bass drum (trust me, i have a huge drum cage with this problem and i have to go through this pain in the arse every time i mount my TRICK). With the docking station, you basically just have to get the bass drum where you want it to be and viola! 2 seconds later, the pedal is in place without the aggravation. Additional docking stations are like 48 bucks i think, which is nothing for somebody who can buy a 700 dollar (or in the case of the GMP-4 middle, $1300) pedal. Hell if the trick offered it as standard on the detonator, every single one of my bass drums (6 total for 4 kits) would have the docking station mounted on the bass drum.

With the docking station, you basically just have to get the bass drum where you want it to be and viola!

Like I said, only good if its your bass drum and there's a Docking Station already lined-up on the hoop. I have a Giant Step, I know all about Docking Station. Its a little chore to center perfectly on the hoop and practically 'unless' it stays on the hoop.

If you travel and play rented sets, Docking Station is not happening and more trouble than its worth. That's the exact situation you need quick on and off; when its not your set to strike... pedal off and you get the hell out, no removing a silly Docking Station.

With the docking station, you basically just have to get the bass drum where you want it to be and viola!

Like I said, only good if its your bass drum and there's a Docking Station already lined-up on the hoop. I have a Giant Step, I know all about Docking Station. Its a little chore to center perfectly on the hoop and practically 'unless' it stays on the hoop.

I also use the giant step. I have a docking station on each of my bass drums and it works great in that application. I didn't find it hard to center and they never come off or get loose. They're solid. Makes setting up quicker and easier too.

However, I agree, if youhave to use your pedal on lots of different bass drums it's probably not the best idea. For me it it's prefect.

I also use the giant step. I have a docking station on each of my bass drums and it works great in that application. I didn't find it hard to center

Me- Im pretty anal about having docking station (or something semi-permanent) mounted 'perfectly', especially docking station and that means all gaps on docking station equal... takes me a little bit of adjusting to get get docking station 'perfectly' aligned.

If its 'off' a 1mm anywhere I can see it, and then know the pedal isn't perfectly flat on the floor when it could/should be.

Looks like you have to remove the devil's hoof from the bass drum every time to adjust the spring tension.

KOPYTO's sping tension adjust and hoop clamp wing nut are both right next to each other on the outside of the post.

You can dial in your spring tension much faster on the trick

Faster than AXIS fo sho, but KOPYTO's spring tension looks pretty user friendly

You can also adjust the distance of the entire drive assembly in relation to the drum head, one more adjustment in favor of the Trick.

This IMO is probably the best extra-feature on the TRICK, I don't see why the KOPYTO gang couldn't put something like this in their design.

Last edited:

Actually, you can move the clamp on the base of the CK, actually, you can make more adjustments on the CK than on the trick, look at the manual. Looks really nice to me, and I see no advantages to compression springs such as in the Trick, I challenge you to give me a valid reason as to why compression spring is better!

These are very beautiful, well-made pedals. It is clear they're made in a high-quality production shop. I wish I could play one. They look like precision instruments and the pedal hinge bearings show great attention to detail.

Also, I think your English is just fine for what you need to say here. Thanks for sharing with us.

Clearly these pedals were inspiried by trick. But I'll be honest with you That website has the absolute worse proof reader ever, I don't know about you guys but it look like every word on that page was spelled wrong to me. Shheeh.

Actually, you can move the clamp on the base of the CK, actually, you can make more adjustments on the CK than on the trick, look at the manual.

Who reads manuals?

I didn't, would if I was buying one (CK) though.

Looks like its adjustable... nice, AXIS needs this too. ☟

Attachments

• Picture 7.png
    Picture 7.png
    177.5 KB · Views: 26,815
  • Picture 8.png
    Picture 8.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 22,272
  • Picture 9.png
    Picture 9.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 27,028

Actually, you can move the clamp on the base of the CK, actually, you can make more adjustments on the CK than on the trick, look at the manual.

Who reads manuals?

I didn't, would if I was buying one (CK) though.

Thats true, i never read manuals unless i dont own something and really want to know how it works, so thats why I read it, thins pedal looks awesome, It even has power adjustment like the axis( not infinite, but 5 places) and infinite pedal board angle adjustment, as someone pointed out earlier.

That is certainly a slick pedal! Aesthetically handsome and it definitely means business. If I lived in or near Poland, I would certainly get one.

As far as it being 'better' than Trick or Axis, well the whole idea of 'better' is just a dumb argument. It can only be 'different', and those differences may be better suited for certain players. 'Better' is entirely subjective in the world of drum gear, and is merely an opinion.

My opinion is that Axis is better than all other pedals.... Why? Because I have Axis pedals. Whenever people ask 'What is the best?" around here, the replies are almost always an owner saying what they own is the best. All subjective. My stuff is better than your stuff and even though I haven't actually tried the other stuff I will still say my stuff is better, because it is mine! OK, I am just teasing.... My Axis pedals aren't better. They are just different from these Czarcie Kopyto and the Trick.

(My Axis ARE better than that Pearl demondrive though... What is up with that stupid bump on the footboard? UGHH! LOL!) :)

CZARCIE KOPYTO pedals!!!

Hello Everybody !
Did you heard about CZARCIE KOPYTO pedals ? (Devil's Hoof in english)
Now INFERNO of BEHEMOTH and a lot of other drummers are endorsed by those pedals !
It's a mix of AXIS and TRICKS, and they are cheaper, but I Don't know where to buy those babies ?!

Re: CZARCIE KOPYTO pedals!!!

We talked about em a year ago, don't think anyone here bought one, or they would have been crowing about already.

Czarcie Kopyto (Devil's Foot) - new custom pedals from Poland!

Please join Czarcie Kopyto on http://czarciekopyto.com/index.php?lang=en

This is very similar pedal to Axis...I think...maybe better :)

phoca_thumb_l_dsc_4182kii.jpg

Re: Czarcie Kopyto (Devil's Foot) - new custom pedals from Poland!

look cool like a cross between axis and trick. how much are they im in the market for pedals like this

Back