Ok...calling all hardware gurus...

Drumz

I need your help identifying a piece of hardware. I've scoured the web all day in vain looking for it. It's seen in the following pictures. It's the T shaped cymbal holder mounted to the front bar. Now obviously this is either a DW or Pacific rack - most likely a DW given the various other cymbal arms with the distinctive toothless tilter. But I simply have not been able to find the T shaped holder anywhere. Can anybody help a brutha out?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 196
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 178
I don't think that's DW stuff. The rack could be PDP, but their website doesn't have anything resembling what the OP is looking for.

However, to be honest, the DW stuff is better engineered and offers more mounting possibilities anyway. I'd go with that. Get the DW attachment with a boom arm, and the mini dog bone would go on the other end so you can mount an additional cymbal.

Pocket nailed it.

It's not sold as a T shaped cymbal holder. It's a regular cymbal holder with an attachment to give the illusion of the T-shape. Thus the confusion.

Tama, among others, also makes their own versions of this set up. But in each case, it's the same concept: An attachment to a cymbal arm.

Yeah. Except for the fact that it's not. At least not DW. Notice that it doesn't have the DW lever for the toothless tilter. So it's made by someone else. Oh well. I'll keep looking.

Pearl offer the parts to put together the same concept. As do Tama. Possibly Yamaha. And as noted you can certainly put one together using DW parts whether that pic is using DW hardware or not. What brand you use is entirely up to you.

Pearl offer the parts to put together the same concept. As do Tama. Possibly Yamaha. And as noted you can certainly put one together using DW parts whether that pic is using DW hardware or not. What brand you use is entirely up to you.

Yeah. I think I found it. Or at least something very similar to it.

http://tinyurl.com/krmmt5j

Just ordered one. Gonna try it out on one of my PDP mini boom arms. I think it looks pretty cool and it will save me a clamp/memory lock.

Thanks for the pointers. I knew this was THE place to ask.

Back