Ddrum 7pc African Bubinga Drum kit

Man, that's an incredible finish! I really like the tubes too...very classy. I'm playing a 13"x7" Pork Pie Patina Brass snare and while the size felt weird at first, having always played a 14"...I'm hooked on it now.

This makes me miss my 2oo2 collection, as well.

I find it very interesting that they have gone from electronic drums to beautiful acoustic drums.

I checked one of these out recently - very nicely built & sound great. i was rather taken by the sanre ...

Sweet setup! I'm sure you're as happy with your kit as I am with mine. ddrum is really making a name for itself.

thanks for the Paiste specs, again - incredible drums, you must be proud!

The 7pc shell pack cost me $2715.00 delivered to my front door.

WHOA!!!!

That's probably *less* money than a Yamaha oak, and definately less than a Mapex saturn.

That's an amazing deal! Like I said before, the same thing in tama sc bubinga would run 2 grand more.

Great set, but what I am curious about is the bassdrum beater. What's up with that? It's horizontal.

The is the second beater on a double pedal. I did not have the second pedal hooked up so the tension is off and the pedal lays back. Good question from what you can see from the picture.

The kit is okay, but I'm really interested in the 25 piece buffet serving set in the background that is killer!!!
Just kdding, that kit is absolutely beautiful!!! Congrats!!

I've seen some bubinga that looks a lot different than this. Is there a lot of variation in bubinga appearances?

Yes. The chap who I know who inspected my bubinga ply type shell drums when I first recieved them who makes custom basses told me that my drums were AA flame bubinga as indicated by the specific visual appearence of grain grade bubinga based on the quality of the visual grain seen on the inner and outer plies chosen for these all bubinga 9 ply drums. Unix probably has a much better handle on the detailed terminology of all of this related to various wood grains and specifically different grades and types of bubinga wood in this case.

I know that i've seen several types of bubinga grain pictured in kits on the DW forum including this very lovely kit in this thread so this must be the case. Probably different species of bubinga wood too adding into the visual grain type mix as well as various grades of wood grain chosen as you and others have seen.

Yes. The chap who I know who inspected my bubinga ply type shell drums when I first recieved them who makes custom basses told me that my drums were AA flame bubinga as indicated by the specific visual appearence of grain grade bubinga based on the quality of the visual grain seen on the inner and outer plies chosen for these all bubinga 9 ply drums. Unix probably has a much better handle on the detailed terminology of all of this related to various wood grains and specifically different grades and types of bubinga wood in this case.

I know that i've seen several types of bubinga grain pictured in kits on the DW forum including this very lovely kit in this thread so this must be the case. Probably different species of bubinga wood too adding into the visual grain type mix as well as various grades of wood grain chosen as you and others have seen.

The original tama SC bubinga omnitune also has a very different grain pattern.

Back