Ddrum 7pc African Bubinga Drum kit

walkera1962

Here's a few pics of a new kit I just purchased. This is a ddrum 7pc kit. The shells are African Bubinga, die cast hoops, and tube style lugs. The sizes are kick drum 20x22, toms 8x10,8x12,9x13,13x16,14x18 and a 7x13 matching snare drum. The stock heads are ok but I will replace them with a set of Evan ec2's. All my cymbals are Paiste 2002, all hardware is 1000 series Pearl and one DW double tom stand, WHat do you guys think?????

Attachments

• DSCF0591.JPG
    DSCF0591.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 3,230
  • DSCF0590.JPG
    DSCF0590.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 3,977
B-E-A-Utiful. I love that finish, how does bubinga sound compared to maple? Brighter like birch or what?

Oh wow! That's a beauty!

Last time I saw a Dios bubinga, it was the 5-pc introduction model. I had no idea they offered extra sizes. Tama quoted me just over 5K for that setup shellpack in SC bubinga. How much did the shellpack or kit set you back?

Again, you have a great setup, great looking kit!

Very very nice. Those are the lugs copied from the Gretsch New Classic line which I love.
Nothing better than natural wood grain showing. And the line of Paiste look good as well.
Wondered why the lugs on the snare are different.

Very very nice. Those are the lugs copied from the Gretsch New Classic line which I love.
Nothing better than natural wood grain showing. And the line of Paiste look good as well.
Wondered why the lugs on the snare are different.

They are, aren't they? I thought it's backstock Gretsch lugs and Tama hardware?

Hey nice kit man. I bet it sounds amazing. Congratulations on a new addition to your family. Enjoy!!!

Another killer looking Ddrum kit. Love the woodgrain.

Fantastic!

And I would love to see better shots of your snare collection
wink.gif

Ooooh nice stuff!! Definitely makes my KILP list. 2oo2s all around and gorgeous drums.

Amazing looking drums and I am sure they sound as good as they look!!!
Question what do you have for snares up in the rack?!? Inquiring minds want to know!
Mike o

thats just a gorgeous natural finish - the bubinga really is impressive!
like your set up with the cymbals, could we get some specs on them?
again, beautiful looking drums!

My cymbal set up is as follows:

8" 2002 Paiste Splash
14" 2002 Paiste Medium Hats
16" 2002 Paiste Medium Crash
18" 2002 Paiste Meduim Crash
20" 2002 Paiste Medium Crash
24" 2002 Paiste Medium Crash
24" 2002 Paiste Medium Ride
20" 2002 Paiste NOVO China ( Not shown in pics )

thanks, Alan

Wow,

Very stunning kit you have there.

I LOVE IT!

Might be the very best Ddrum kit I have seen!

Mike

A wonderfully inviting kit. I like the how the coppery B8 color of the 2oo2s compliments the hue of the bubinga. Very, very nice.

Back