Good spare parts to carry.

T

The Old Hyde

I played in a studio with a new band sunday night and used the drum kit that was already there. Before I started, the owner came in and asked if I brought cymbals, I said I did and he took away just a sabian aax crash because he didn't want it broken. ( I wanted to steal the 24 in aa ride but) no problem. when I went to put on my crash I noticed that there was no sleeve on the stand. Thankfully I remembered I bought a zildjian parts pack that has felts, snare cord, and sleeves!! best part is I had it in the pocket of my cymbal bag. I think I have had it for 3 years and never even opened. it really pays to be prepared.

Truth. If you play other people's kits regularly, a small parts kit like that is a great help. Even when I gig my own kit I bring a couple of extra parts against the chance that something will drop through a crack in a riser or floor.

yeah, a spare hi hat clutch and cymbal sleeves are the most important to me. I don't want to put my cymbals on someones stands that are missing the sleeves, and I see it all the time.

That little zildjian parts bag is an awesome pick up to keep in your stick bag. Gibraltar also make one too that's pretty much the same. I also keep a spare drum key in my glove box in my car. You never know when you'll need it.

I always carry a box of parts.
It has pretty much a spare of anything I'd likely need.
Bunch of different drumkeys, a clutch, felts/sleeves, snare cord, glue, ibuprofen, germ-x, moongels, mic claws, a couple 57's, led flashlight, a few smaller size tools, bunch of extra earplugs, pedal parts, memory locks, fold up D-Tool, an allen wrench tool.... yada yada.

Have hardly ever had to use any of the spares or tools thankfully!
Germ-X comes in handy though.

Along with all the other basic stuff these are great to have in waiting.

8mm is pretty common in the drum hardware world these days, will fit cymbal stands, drum thrones and a plethora of other stuff thats prone to stripping.

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 94
Extra sticks (derp), cymbals felts, sleeves, wing nuts, t-rods, washers, drop clutch, two extra BD beaters, about 4-5 keys, Excedrin Maximum Strength, a couple of towels, gorilla glue, multi-tool (Gerber), 1/4" socket set (metric and SAE), and moon gel. I think I have a new P85 in the tool box too with a bunch of snare cord and straps.

I also keep some spare guitar parts...strings, tuner heads, etc. Never know and I'm already carrying a tool box of drum parts, might as well keep other stuff in there too.

Back