Joey Jordison

kornslipknot said:
Totally agree with that mate. You can even see it in this thread, people comment and have no idea what their talking about. Half of them wouldnt have even listened to a slipknot album. However, Slipknot are getting a lot bigger now and more people are getting involved with their music. Their last album not being as aggresive as the others, has more people being able to relate the their music.
I can´t believe what you are talking... I had all albums of them so I know what I am talking about, and to say that slipknot sometimes do not get the credit they deserved is silly, because they are one of the most successful metal bands at the moment, and they did NOT deserve that, but thats a different thing i CAN NOT judge...

I thought his solo from Slipknots live album was better than the "upsidedown" solo froma few years ago. its def. more musical then the other one. I really like how he uses the bells on his set to get a cool exotic sound. I tried uploading the file but its wma so it wont do it. you can find it on any music downloading program tho.

Joey is an amazing drummer, well i think so anyway, but he certianly is not my faovurite, i think he hasn't got well...hmm how do i explain it.. "soul" in his durmming, like bonham, mason or ward, he mainyl plays fast and impressive stuff but eayh,hasn't got any drumming soul in it.

haha yeay i'm crazy.

Personally I think Joey is a great overall drummer, and he is most definately the power behind Slipknot. He is probably THE best Metal drummer around and I praise him for that, but personally there are better drummers out there. I've seen a lot of his solos, it's all flashy double bass and rolls. His backstage jamming stuff pleases me more than his solos on stage do.

JStuart said:
Personally I think Joey is a great overall drummer, and he is most definately the power behind Slipknot. He is probably THE best Metal drummer around and I praise him for that, but personally there are better drummers out there. I've seen a lot of his solos, it's all flashy double bass and rolls. His backstage jamming stuff pleases me more than his solos on stage do.

Yes, I think Joey is a great drummer as well. Good speed and power. But let's be a little realistic, he is not THE best metal drummer around. I could name several metal drummers that have more speed, better chops, power and showmanship.

Not trying to take anything away from Joey, but I think there are a lot pf people that kind of blindly worship him as the best when he really isn't. There really are many drummers out there that would smoke him in every catagory.

jordisons skills are standard for metal drumming. my criticism lies in the fact that he's not in a good band, that plays good music, not all the skill in the world can save you from that

Joey's stuff........ Is really not that hard.I have been playing 3 years, and even I can do most of it. It can't be that hard, seriously. 'Liberate'............ Difficult to play like it is on CD. Watch a video and he doesn't play it the way he does on CD, I think they dubbed in the hihat. He's ok, but not too amazing.

Also, that BR video is a bit unconvincing, I mean look at the straps etc Joey has and he doesn't have centrifugal force to contend with. The drums in the BR video don't even appear to be securely held.

i like slipknot...maybe not there lyrics...but the sound is great
and joey is good, not super great ,but pretty darn good.
his drums are very interesting and gangstarific ithink ppl who say he sucks are either just trying to be different, just creating arguements, or are jealous of him.
i no i gonna get cuss now

Joey Jordison is one of the best drummers i've ever heard, I got to hang out with him backstage after ozzfest 2 years ago....hes a really nice guy.

Yes, Saun and Chris do stuff too, Chris does backup vocals and Saun does the snare with Chris in The Blister Exists.

He is a very good drummer. Really fast to lol

I respect him because of his speed and personality. Thought I have not him, he seems like a very cool and modest person in the life that exists without SlipKnoT or The Murderdolls.

i read a comment that kids who are just starting out on metal think joey is the bomb but when they discover more metal drummers they suddenly TURN on joey.
i really hope thats not true cause i started out on slipknot and taught joey was sick.
and now im on death metal and to me he is still one of (if not) the best. listen to the new live album 9:0
perfect drumming for live shows.
the only drummer that impresses me more than joey is fear factory drummer, who has the best timing with his feet,its like a machine

oh yea by the way, the two extra drummers.
listen to blister exists and tell me if YOU can play the intro with the hi hat and bass drum together? cause joey dont. he plays the hi hat while the other two plays the
"DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM"

Even tho as a huge slipknot fan i can see they dont need the two extra drummers a whole lot but it gives slipknot LAYERS and that is very important in mix downs and panning on albums to have people "ride in the back seat" of songs if you understand. gives it a 3D like feel.

PS:soz about the metaphores

Nah...I started out with slipknot 3 years ago....now i listen to arch enemy trivium mushroomhead all that and i still think joeys awesome...i havent turned on him and i dont plan on it either....o yeah Chris and Saun do backup vocals

Back