i cant find a band

drummingman

Gold Member
i have been on the hunt for a band for a bit now and cant find one that is what im looking for. it has not been that long and im not discouraged or anything, but i would like to find a band. i have been looking on craigslist and i went to a city that is close to me, like an hour away, and put up band ad's but no luck yet.
here is a copy of my craigslist ad if you want to check out what im looking for that way you will know where im coming from: http://richmond.craigslist.org/muc/1080166249.html
im looking for pretty specific things in a band. i want to be on the same page belief and music wise.
im just talking to see if anyone might throw out a tip for finding a band that i have not thought of yet?

I guess its a matter of compromise. If you're not willing to compromise on belief based music, or the style of belief based music, it might be hard to find band mates.

Have you had your preacher (sorry if thats not the right term, I am not a churchy kinda guy) to make an announcement at your church? Maybe try a larger church? My girlfriend goes to a large mainstream style church (its kinda a chain store style with one pastor for many churches linked by closed circuit TV) and through the online message board (like this one) and public announcements I am sure you could hook up something.

I am not suggesting you compromise, but you have kinda pegged yourself into a small small area.

Google is your friend... Have you looked at churches in your area, or musician websites in your area? I know in my city we have a site called winnipegbands.com.

Hope that helps, and keep your chin up.
You will find something sooner or later I am sure.
Joe

Personally i think if you ever want to find 3 other people with the same sort of mindset as you, let alone people who are serious musicians, you are going to be looking for a long time mate. You might have to come to some sort of compromise, otherwise be prepared to go it alone.

Back