Beaters

anotheruser

I have some drum sticks which are beaters on the opposite side allowing me to quickly switch between them both, however I rarely do.

The beaters are quite hard so I am wondering if I got some dedicated "proper" beaters, they would sound better and produce a softer sound when striking? I'm not really in a position to get to a store to see the difference.

The stick/beaters are "Percussion Plus" branded.

Thanks

I have some drum sticks which are beaters on the opposite side allowing me to quickly switch between them both, however I rarely do.

The beaters are quite hard so I am wondering if I got some dedicated "proper" beaters, they would sound better and produce a softer sound when striking? I'm not really in a position to get to a store to see the difference.

The stick/beaters are "Percussion Plus" branded.

Thanks

I had a pair of the Dennis Chambers sticks Zildjian produced which were felt at one end, beater at the other. For me it felt weird because the beater interfered with where I held the stick. In terms of sound, the beater was quite small. I prefer to use mallets which are suited for purpose and sticks for playing.

An analogy I like is the combo washing machine and tumbledryer. Compromises have to be made in order to get it to function for both uses. But if you had a seperate washing machine and seperate tumbledryer, they would work better as they are fit for a specific purpose, if that makes sense?

Yes, I get that and a good analogy.
Don't want to spend loads but I might stick some in the trolley and not think about the price :) I'll probably get them now and not use them for months!

Back