Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Introduce Yourself

real name? Matt
age? 25
how long been playing? 15 long yrs
origin of user name? noone else has it.
top 5 drummers? Mike Bordin, Sean Kinney, Chris Slade, Niko McBrain, and John Bonham
make of drumkit? Sonor
make of cymbal? Paiste
where do you practice? Garage
are you in a band/s? Been in 3, nothing currently
covers or originals? Both.
what style of music? Metal, Grunge, Classic Rock, Funk.
favourite take out food? no
country? God Bless Singapore...
one really odd fact about yourself? I love Meatloaf. -the music, not the food.
how did you start drumming? got two sticks and started hitting stuff.

real name? Joe

age? 16

how long been playing? 8 years

origin of user name? Well it's my first name and my last initial lol

top 5 drummers? Gavin Harrison, Jojo Mayer, Gregg Bissonnette, Tim Alexander, Mike Portnoy

make of drumkit? Mapex Pro-M

make of cymbal? Sabian HHX/AAX

where do you practice? my music room, at school

are you in a band/s? yes, I'm in 2 bands

covers or originals? originals, one band's a funk/reggae band, and the other's a prog metal (Dream Theater-esque) band

what style of music? big band, jazz, prog, fusion, funk, metal (it has to be good though, I hate that screamo S#@&)

favourite take out food? Chinese

favorite country? Germany

one really odd fact about yourself? i like to write music for guitar/bass (and people love my stuff) even though I can't play a single note on them

how did you start drumming? on pots and pans :)

DrummerWorld members in Spain

Hola, the name is Polsky, live in Barcelona area. Been playing since 9 yrs old ( I´m now a sparkling 53 ) have 2 vinyl records out ( Ibiza Sound Machine 1981, El El 1988 ) a recent Cd with Pulidos (2005), an andalucian rock band and currently in the studio recording a new Cd called "In-Pro-Visions" to be completed by end of Jan.2008. Ive finally made the switch from mercenary roles ( countless rock bands, hotels, banquets, etc ) to concentrate solely on jazz-fusion-trance-rock-funk own compositions. Not a single dream of R&R fame left in me, just play to improve my chops and have a good time. Someone said, I play for fun, but take my fun seriously, and along with my own motto ,PLEASURE NO PRESSURE, I enjoy playing more than ever.
I´d like to contact with barcelona drummers. Thanks DrummerWorld !!

p.d would love to run a foto but cant seem to do it

Hey all

My name is Tony but people tend to call me 'T'! or Big T. I'm British Italian or Britalian! I live in the UK always have done. Been playing drums since I was about 12, I'm 30 now. I play in 2 bands at the moment: a covers band called The Inner Souls and an all out 'kick ya in the nuts' rock band called Claymonster. I have great fun doing both. My best friend is a bass player! I play a Premier Cabria kit 22bd, 14 sn, 10sn/tom, 12, 14, 16 tom. Paiste cymbals 16, 18 PST cr's, 13 Alpha hats and 20 Alpha ride. I'm also waiting on an 18 floor tom that I will be converting in to a bass drum for jazz gigs. I also play a Roland TD6 for practice and sometimes even studio!

I'm quite new to forums so be gentle. I'm looking forward to speaking to you all about DRUMS!!! and learning loads! Bernhard, this is a fantastic site.

Big T!

Greetings, everyone. My name is Scott, and I am a 35-year-old electrician. I have been playing drums since I was about 14 years old. I started in my Junior High School Band, and I was "assigned" percussion because I couldn't quite get my mouth to make the right shape to play the saxaphone, which is what I really wanted. Fate had other ideas, though, and it has worked out for the best. I am not currently active in a band, but I have been in a few before, as well as almost every variation of "Band" a High School has, including a brief stint in a Drum Corps.

My current setup consists of Gretsch Catalina Birch drums and Sabian cymbals. The hardware is mostly Gibraltar (on a rack) with a few other things thrown in, most notably a DW double pedal and a Pearl remote hi-hat (which is actually used for my main hi-hat). I have snares from Pearl, Gretsch, and Mapex Black Panther. All this is set up in a spare bedroom in my house in Connecticut.

My influences have included a staggering number of drummers over the years, and my tastes in music fluctuate from time to time. Currently, I would list Jason Rullo (Symphony X), Gavin Harrison (Porcupine Tree), Andreas Lill (Vanden Plas), and Jukka Nevalainen (Nightwish) among the top influences. I also enjoy listening to Daniel Adair (Nickelback) and Mike Wengren (Disturbed), along with a few others from that vein of music. And drummers like Tommy Lee, Lars Ulrich, Trot Lucketta, and Nicko McBrain have been influences since the frist day I sat behind a drum set.

I also play some guitar and bass, and have tried my hand at didgeridoo and bagpipes.

Last edited:

real name? Donald Keene
age? 42
how long been playing? Since 9th grade ummm.... maybe 38 yrs
origin of user name? Nickname
top 5 drummers? Peart, Rich, Bonham, Smith, Copeland
make of drumkit? Pearl, Gretsch
make of cymbal? Zildjian, Paiste
where do you practice? Home
are you in a band/s? Not at the moment
covers or originals? covers
what style of music? Classic Rock
favourite take out food? chinese
country? USA Baby!
one really odd fact about yourself? Ha! 3 yrs ago at a high school football game,(my son is on the drumline) None of the snare drummers showed up. Me and the drumline instructor strapped up and marched into the stadium and into the stands playing the cadence! I had attended most of the practices and knew the snare parts. My friends at the game about fell out when they saw me playing. Brought back memories of 25 yrs ago when I played on the drumline at that same stadium.
how did you start drumming? 9th grade school band

Greetings all from a wet and windy London, UK !

Just found this amazing site and forum ! which planet have I been on all this time I hear you ask ?
My names Mark, I'm 40 and have been playing since I was about 14 at school ! Been in a few bands over the years, mostly covers bands with a few originals thrown in, currently play in a covers band doing the usual weddings, pubs etc its a laugh but doesn't really stretch me as a drummer (when you've played a song a 1000 times you tend to go into autopilot ;) )

I currently play Yamaha 6 piece stage custom standard in natural maple, Zildjian crash,ride & China boy cymbals, Sabian hats. Also have a Yamaha DTX lll which I use for smaller venues and when im feeling to lazy to lug my acoustic kit around ;) (its my age)

Anyway glad to be hear and looking forward to picking your collective brains !

Cheers
Mark.

Last edited:

Hi All. Where to start!
My name is obvious, so no need for that! I'm 42, a family man, and haven't played for about 25 years! (Cars, Girls etc). I am about to change that, having just ordered (as a Christmas pressie from the Mrs and family) a nice new Hart Virtuoso E kit, with upgraded hi-hat and snare, a Roland TD6 Module, plus a very lovely Iron Cobra double pedal in chrome (which came today).
So.. it's gonna be a fun time over the next few months. I know my timing sucks big time, as I demoed a Roland TD3 a couple of weeks back, but I can still thrash around ok, so I'll get there!
If only ekits had been this good years ago, and I may have restarted sooner!
Anyway, my main influences vary because of ther big gap in my playing years, but Paice, Philips, Bonham, Powell from back then, and Portnoy, Paul Bostaph, Vinnie Paul, Dave MacLean, from the modern era.
I am a complete metal head by the way, and love the really heavy stuff in the main, but my metal taste is very wide. If it's good, I'll like it!
So, I look forward to being a member here, and hope to contribute, as well as pick some brains if needed.

real name? David
age? 14
how long been playing? 1 1/2 years
origin of user name? old nickname
top 5 drummers? Dave Grohl, John Dolmayan, Abe Laboriel Jr., Trevor Lawrence Jr, Neil Peart
make of drumkit? Soon to be Sonor
make of cymbal? Currently Zildjian ZHT's but soon to be Paiste 2002's
are you in a band/s? yep
covers or originals? both
what style of music? absolutly everything
favourite take out food? Indian
country? UK
one really odd fact about yourself? my aunts brother is on Trading Spaces (USA)
how did you start drumming? friends

Alright guys, im David, from Surrey, England. I would post my drums on the designated thread, but its not worth mentioning, when i get a new kit i will. Been playing aout 1 1/2 years, currently taking Grade 3, am a GCSE pupil and am in a band.

David

real name? Euan Osborne
age? 16
how long been playing? About 8ish years
origin of user name? It's because I'm so gangsta, holmes
top 5 drummers? Brann Dailor, Mario Duplantier, John Bonham, Max Roach and John Dolmayan
make of drumkit? Pearl Forum
make of cymbal? Paiste
are you in a band/s? Two bands, and the concert band/orchestra
covers or originals? Both
favourite style of music? Rock, metal, progressive, a bit of jazz and latin
country? New Zealand
one really odd fact about yourself? Probably a few, can't think of any right now
how did you start drumming? Mucked around on a church kit and then somehow got signed up for lessons

real name? Esteban Martínez
age? 17
how long been playing? 2 years and 5 months
origin of user name? my friends started calling me Jimmy 'cause they think I'm intelligent like Jimmy Neutron :p
top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich, John Bonham, Mitch Mitchell, Ian Paice, Neil Peart
make of drumkit? Mapex
make of cymbal? Solar
are you in a band/s? yes
covers or originals? covers, but trying to make our own songs
favourite style of music? classic rock, progressive...
country? Argentina

Hi, I'm Esteban, I'm from Argentina, I speak spanish so be patient with my english... and... well, I don't know what to say, hehe. Bye!

real name? Alejandro Decap
age? 20
how long been playing? 5 years
origin of user name? I dont remember
top 5 drummers? Rune Solheim, Juanita Parra, Paul Thomson, Chad Smith, Graham Broad
make of drumkit? Pearl, Yamaha
make of cymbal? Zildjian, Sabian
where do you practice? Home, at school
are you in a band/s? Partially in one.
covers or originals? covers
what style of music? Rock
favourite take out food? Pizza
country? Norway
how did you start drumming? curriculum at school from 7th grade

real name? Patricio Lugano
age? 15
how long been playing? 12 years (not joke)
origin of user name? For my new snare heheh...
top 5 drummers? Bonzo Bonham, Ian Paice, Chad Smith, Zoro, Neil Peart
make of drumkit? Colombo, Mapex
make of cymbal? Paiste, Stagg, Orion
where do you practice? Home, at school too
are you in a band/s? Like in 3 or 4, I don't remember
covers or originals? both
what style of music? Hard Rock and Blues
favourite take out food? I don't know... yeah I like pizza
country? Argentina
how did you start drumming? When I was 3 playing... but now at 13 for curious

real name? Jay Swensen
age? 16
how long been playing? will be 4 years in February
origin of user name? its a song by The Vandals, its short for "Not In My BackYard"
top 5 drummers? Brooks Wackerman, Josh Freese, Mike Portnoy, Dave Weckl, Nicko McBrain
make of drumkit? right now, a Dixon Tempo, but in April, Tama Superstar Custom Hyperdrive
make of cymbal? Zildjian A Custom's and A's with a 2 ZXT's and ZBT's (getting replaced very soon)
where do you practice? in my Drum Room/Spare Room
are you in a band/s? yes, my band is called Sixgun
covers or originals? Originals, but if we have been known to do some covers every now and then
what style of music? Punk Rock
favourite take out food? hmm..,undecided
country? Awwstralia
one really odd fact about yourself? i have a bald patch at the back of my head that my hair covers
how did you start drumming? me and some mates just decided one day that we wanna be in a band, not the same mates i jam with now sadly :(

I believe I did this awhile ago, but it needs updating.

real name? Peter

age? 38

how long been playing? 23 years

origin of user name? I was the drummer in the Godsword band, thus Drumsword.

top 5 drummers? Terry Bozzio, Thomas lang, Nate Morton, Dave weckl, Vinnie Collaiutta, Alex van Halen, I could go on........

make of drumkit? I have 3. Gretsch, DDRUM, Keller

make of cymbal? zildjian

where do you practice? G/F's Parents barn right now.

are you in a band/s? @ moment, I am recording a new c.d. and putting together a new band, "Without Regard".

covers or originals? 95% originals

what style of music? contemporary Christian, country rock, funk rock

country? United States

one really odd fact about yourself? I lift cars for a hobby

how did you start drumming? Watching my brother play, and I was bitten by the bug.

real name? - Adrian
age? - 17
how long been playing? - about a year
origin of user name? - cymbals......
top 5 drummers? - ryan tomas(asbloodrunsblack) jordan mancino(asilaydying) Matt greiner (augustburnsred) nicko mcbrain ( maiden ) and mike portnoy
make of drumkit? - shitty beginers kit that i jus upgrade slowly ( dynamics i think )
make of cymbal? - sabian , zildjan
where do you practice? - room basement
are you in a band/s? - yes
covers or originals? - both
what style of music? - METAL!!!!
favourite take out food? - chinese
country? - canada
how did you start drumming? - interested in starting

real name? - Trey
age? - 17
how long been playing? - 3 years
origin of user name? - Cast No Shadow by Oasis
top 5 influences? - Keith Moon (The Who), Reni (The Stone Roses), Alan White (Oasis), Steve White, John Bonham (Led Zep), Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Ronnie Vannucci ( The Killers)
make of drumkit? - Ludwig Fusion Custom
make of cymbal? - Sabian
where do you practice? - my little recording studio room
are you in a band/s? - yes
covers or originals? - both
what style of music? - Rock (mainly) with a hint of Funk and Jazz
favourite take out food? - chinese
country? - US
how did you start drumming? - Music runs in the family.. I was inspired by several bands to pick up an instrument and start writing songs.

Last edited:

Hello,

My name is Tommy. I'm 26 years old, I'm from Kentucky, I've been playing for 14 years. I currently play drums at my church. I use the following equipment: Ludwig drums,
Zildjian Cymbals, Aquarian drumheads, Regal Tip drumsticks, and Rhythm Tech percussion

Re: Drum Lessons Chatswood, Sydney

Hey Guys,

My name is Will Williams and I currently teach drum lessons in Chatswood, Sydney Australia to beginner and intermediate students. I have been playing the drums since I was 14 years of age. I'm now 26 so I guess that means I have been playing for 12 years. Wow, didn't actually realise it was that long...

Anyway, I absolutely love the drums, love playing them, love teaching them and love everything about them. Hang on, why am I here? I should be off bashing the drums somewhere :)

Nice to meet you all. Looking forward to joining in on some of the discussions here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back