Here we go again - Pearl Masters MCX

Looks great. The snare looks good with them. Enjoy!

I agree...even the cymbals seem to match up perfectly w/ the finish...it's eye-catching! Freddy, if there *ever* was a snare you needed - this is the one. It's unique and it'll punch a hole in the audience. I'll even back you up w/ the wife on this one...I got ya buddy!

That guy who owns all those Pork Pie kits has everyone crushed in the gear whore department. For some reason I can't think of his name...
...anyways, very nice kit!

That guy who owns all those Pork Pie kits has everyone crushed in the gear whore department. For some reason I can't think of his name...
...anyways, very nice kit!

gmrakich?

Zambizzi, I think you need to write a book titled "The saga of Zambizzi's gear". (I imagine it would be mostly pictures, don't worry we'll read the articles.)

Seriously nice kit, I like it much better than the Ludwig.

God those close up pictures of the finish are just too good looking. In all honesty I would not put keeping this kit past you zambizzi, looks like a keeper to me. Beautiful drums.

I put coated G2s over clear G1s on the toms last night...holy moley! I'm not exaggerating when I say; these drums sound nicer than any DW or Ludwig kit that I've had...and the quality is even beyond either of them. To add insult to injury, these drums were far less expensive.

If I buy another mass-market kit in the future, I'm most definitely looking at Pearl first.

Can anyone recommend some nice Pearl snares? I like metal snares...brass or steel would be my preference. I like 14x6.5 but I'd look at more shallow snares if the sound was right...I wouldn't go deeper.

Try one of the brass free-floaters. They're supposed to be excellent. If you don't like the sound, you can always just buy a new shell without having to buy an entirely new drum ;-)

Try one of the brass free-floaters. They're supposed to be excellent. If you don't like the sound, you can always just buy a new shell without having to buy an entirely new drum ;-)

Excellent! I've seen those in catalogs...I'll have a look. The ultra-cast sound right up my alley, too.

Ya know...there's an awful lot of folks here referring to me as a whore. :|

Yes, the mystery kit is still being crafted and should be done in a couple weeks...or a few...or...whatever? I'll have to post sound clips and let you guys compare them, since I WILL have this kit AT LEAST that long! ;)

Gawd, I certainly would not refer to you as a whore...a lucky, fortunate, prosperous SOB, but not a whore...I think it is fantastic and I am truly happy for your purchase(s) way to go!!!

Amazing Set dude. A truly beautiful set of drums. Nice choice. I wanna try out the 19" Fierce Crash.

4000th Post

Funny thing is i have a average of 4.00 Posts per day. I guess ive been a member for aporximatley one thousand days?

Ya know...there's an awful lot of folks here referring to me as a whore. :|

They're just jealous...

Not to be a party-pooper, but isn't that one of those words that should be banned? I've recommended to a couple of my 8 to 10 year old students that they should check out this website and forum. I'd hate to see them asking me at my next lesson, "Mr. Caddywumpus, what's a cymbal w***e?"

, "Mr. Caddywumpus, what's a cymbal w***e?"

LOL, "Ahem, well you see son, a cymbal w***e is one who sells their very soul to own a set of cymbals and then does repeatedly because they cannot find the sonic love they are looking for, they are great people who should not use such words, but we still love them even though they still search desperately for that perfect sound and use such words! But my son we do not want you using such a word as wh**e and you should avoid that type of banter."

Yeah, I guess.

LOL, "Ahem, well you see son, a cymbal w***e is one who sells their very soul to own a set of cymbals and then does repeatedly because they cannot find the sonic love they are looking for, they are great people who should not use such words, but we still love them even though they still search desperately for that perfect sound and use such words! But my son we do not want you using such a word as wh**e and you should avoid that type of banter."

Yeah, I guess.

Thanks, dad. :p
...and don't call me son again!

I guess I prefer "drum wh@#$" to "drum lady-of-the-evening".

I suppose I've been called worse, however.

If it's true, by definition - shouldn't someone be paying me? I'm more of a drum "John".

Zambizzi, beautiful kit for sure...does your wife ever get worried about your obvious genetic flaw requiring constant need for change? How do you get comfortable behind a set that is constantly changing?

Temptation is a mighty, mighty thing for sure!!!

I admit I am jealous of the beautiful kit, and if the sound is as good as you say...WOW!

Your local drum dealers must cringe when you walk in...

Jack

Vinnie, just 61 days left.

You can do it!!!

Zambizzi, beautiful kit for sure...does your wife ever get worried about your obvious genetic flaw requiring constant need for change? How do you get comfortable behind a set that is constantly changing?

Temptation is a mighty, mighty thing for sure!!!

I admit I am jealous of the beautiful kit, and if the sound is as good as you say...WOW!

Your local drum dealers must cringe when you walk in...

Jack

Funny you should mention that, my wife and I were having that conversation last night. She must be doing something right - 10+ and maybe a handful of harmless fights...my first wife too! :D

I stay comfortable mostly because I almost always play the same sizes. My Luds had smaller sizes, which took some adjusting, and wasn't for me in the end. I'm back to what I've played for most of my short time as a drummer. I'll probably play this setup for years, it just "fits" me.

Strangely enough, the staff at GC (our only decent music store) revolves faster than my drum stock. This means they barely get their shirts buttoned up before their replacements arrive.

Now THAT'S beautiful!

Not to detract from the Pearls, but how do you like the Sabian Groove ride there? Is it crashable as they say? I'm looking for a 21" ride to use for light passage riding and then really gettin on it in choruses and heavy parts... you think it's good for that?

Back