6 Shawn Crahan (Percussions)
- Dunnett Classic Drums
- 2 Mounted Toms
- 1 Floor Tom
- 1 Empty Steel Beer Keg
- 1 Bass Drum (Turned on other side)
- Zildijan Absolute Rock Sticks
- Vater Hammer Sticks

basically the same but if you dont have them.....you have joey sitting back there trying ot make all the sounds that Chris and Shawn make...the one drummer that i believe is as close to Joey is Arch Enemy's drummer

Joeys Kit
MMX Masters Series
Diamond Burst/Emerald Fade
*all black hardware
- 22x18 bass drum x 2
- 8x7 tom
- 10x8 tom
- 12x9 tom
- 14x12 tom
- 16x16 floor tom
- 18x16 floor tom
- 14x6.5 snare drum
- DR503 drum rack
- DR501 front bar
- RJ50 mini-expansion bar
- PC50 pipe clamps x12
- CH88 cymbal holders x 8
- CH80 cymbal holders x 8
- CH88L cymbal holder
- TH88 tom holder
- TH88S tom holders x 5
- H2000 hi-hat stand
- D150 Roadster throne
- S2000 snare stand
- P2000C drum pedals x 2
- Easton AHEAD Sticks
- Remo Heads
- Pearl Eliminator Pedals

sickness said:
oh yea by the way, the two extra drummers.
listen to blister exists and tell me if YOU can play the intro with the hi hat and bass drum together?

I can, true, Shawn and chris do play it aswell, but it aint super hard to play, I use it as a co-ordination exercise.
Plus, all this about kids eventually "turning" on Joey, they might, but I have no plans on doing so. He has inspired my metal playing since the beginning and still does. He is also a great inspiration to me as far as music in general goes, his work on the "Roadrunner United :The all star sessions" was really well done.

Chris and shawn have big roles in the band acually......take theres lot of song where joey isnt playing and theyre the backbone of the song and chris is also the backround singer

scabo0o said:
Chris and shawn have big roles in the band acually......take theres lot of song where joey isnt playing and theyre the backbone of the song and chris is also the backround singer

its true.....and if you see some of the live shows and videos you can see shawn singing in the backround too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1xcHBPbbYs&search=Slipknot (sic)

its a long video but at one part you can see that shawn tries back vocal but the mic doesnt work

yep.....the whole band gets attention....word out there is that the mystery ozzfest mainstage band MIGHT (idk) be slipknot
Now i already got tickets.....just to see atreyu and BTBAM and disturbed and all them but if slipknot goes...im ditching my crutches and pushing people to get to the front of that huge croud

I totally agree. I hope Joey finds a new band as soon as possible.

A perfect drummer in a bad band = a great band

Slipknot needs the percussionists I dunno why you would say that he would be better without the percussionists. Joey is awsome percussionists or not. But they need Shawn and Chris, they said themselves that they wouldn't be complete without everyone there.
video2.jpg

JoeyFreak said:
Slipknot needs the percussionists I dunno why you would say that he would be better without the percussionists. Joey is awsome percussionists or not. But they need Shawn and Chris, they said themselves that they wouldn't be complete without everyone there.

Do you really think he would say they could be just fine, or better, without them? I mean come on, that would just create an incredible amount of animosity within the band. How many times have you seen band members dis another unless there were problems within the bandmembers?

Oh, and to stay on topic, I think Joey is a very good drummer, but not my favorite nor one of the best IMO.

I think Joey would be better without the two "percussionists" but they also make the band come alive. Not just Joey, but everybody in the band.

Slipknot is known for their hard core music and the two others are there to put a little more feeling into it, but joey is deffenetly the one you hear when it comes to percussion

joey may be a bad ass, but what i wonder about is... why the other two? the one u really hear is joey, although shawn and chris put a little more feeling into it...

Whats up friends i havnt posted on this thread in a while, good to see its still up there.

Firstly people are saying that the percussionists are not needed, but i can tell you they are for very good reasons. They diffinately can be heard in their music and if people deny that then your listening ability is terrible and you shouldnt be a drummer. They inhance live performances as their sound is louder and more brutal, which of course is what Slipknot are all about. And last of all they are in there for the band. Slipknot try to do everything differently and their own way, and appearence is one of the things which contributes to this. They are needed in there and true Slipknot fans know that, because if they were taken out or werent in there, they wouldnt be what they are today.

As for the person who said listen to real metal, your a joke! By the looks of my name you would probebly say i have no idea about metal, i mean korn and slipknot, they dont have critics at all. But i did that because i try and be different as well, im not one of those metal fans that say nu metal is totally crap when it isnt. Lamb of God and Shadows Fall are good bands, but if you want to start talking like that i would say maiden, priest, metallica, those sort of bands that made metal what it is. Slipknot are insane and for those people that say nu metal is bad and doesnt compare, then you ignorent and only limit your own musical taste.

cheers!

have you ever seen how fast joey actualy drums? if you have you must realize that no human can do that for that long... my prespective on the other 2 drummers is that once joey does his kick ass drummin he needs to take it easy for a minute... this is were the other 2 come in... they back him up and give him a bit of a chance to recover.

theory number 2... hes a robot and they are there incase he breaks...

kornslipknot said:
Whats up friends i havnt posted on this thread in a while, good to see its still up there.

Firstly people are saying that the percussionists are not needed, but i can tell you they are for very good reasons. They diffinately can be heard in their music and if people deny that then your listening ability is terrible and you shouldnt be a drummer. They inhance live performances as their sound is louder and more brutal, which of course is what Slipknot are all about. And last of all they are in there for the band. Slipknot try to do everything differently and their own way, and appearence is one of the things which contributes to this. They are needed in there and true Slipknot fans know that, because if they were taken out or werent in there, they wouldnt be what they are today.

As for the person who said listen to real metal, your a joke! By the looks of my name you would probebly say i have no idea about metal, i mean korn and slipknot, they dont have critics at all. But i did that because i try and be different as well, im not one of those metal fans that say nu metal is totally crap when it isnt. Lamb of God and Shadows Fall are good bands, but if you want to start talking like that i would say maiden, priest, metallica, those sort of bands that made metal what it is. Slipknot are insane and for those people that say nu metal is bad and doesnt compare, then you ignorent and only limit your own musical taste.

cheers!

thank you!
one of the few people on this forum who talks sense and knows what he is on about. Listen to this guy.

___madworld said:
dont you think that he would be a lot better without the other two "percussionists" in slipknot?

I don't know, if he would be better without those two "percussionists" ..they are a part of the show, but I think your right, they play simple beats (if you can call it that?) and Joey just beat the hell out of those drums, so you can't really hear those two "percussionists" ..but still they are a part of the band, and in "The Blister Exists" they play snare drum in the middle of the song an d at the end of the song, and there they need them, they also sing backingvocals in "The Hertic Anthem" and many other songs, so they need them, I just think that the drums they bang on, is a part of the show!

Last edited:
I'm posting this more out of boredom than anything, but I do feel I need to shed some light on the subject. So, here we go.

I grew up on Slipknot, and even today they still remain my favorite band. But even this fact doesn't dilute my feelings on what makes a good drummer. I've listened to a lot of different bands, and I've heard many drummers, and I can personally say I do not think Joey is the greatest drummer ever, nor do I think he's the greatest metal drummer ever.

I think a lot of his appeal comes from the fact that he is truly an amazing guy. He is one of those people that takes what he does seriously and he's constantly working to improve. He's only thirty one and he's managed to make a career as a drummer, and a very good drummer at that. He's also become a very big inspiration for a lot of the younger kids just getting into the drums (myself included) and I think this is why a lot of people despise him, and Slipknot.

The popularity of Slipknot really takes away from what he's done as a drummer, but if you take away Slipknot and you take away the fame, what you're left with is him as a drummer, as a musician. He's got a great style and he really feels for the music he makes behind the kit. He's still got a long career ahead of him and can only get better as time goes on (or worse as some drummers have shown us in the past). Again, I will say, he's not the best drummer, but he's definitly up there on the charts.

Plus, you got to remember, this guy not only plays drums, but he plays guitar, he plays bass, and he produces CDs. You can really respect him just for what he's accomplished, and what he's in the process of accomplishing. Maybe one day when his time is over, people will see that he really does possess a great talent and pure love for the drums and music in general.

-------

And as for the subject of Shawn and Chris in Slipknot.

When the band first started out, they really wanted a whole overall audio assault with drums pounding from the front with Joey being a main support for the group in the back. The idea gradually changed over the years as Shawn and Chris picked up on back up vocals, but the overall effect when it's put on CD is really amazing. Shawn himself is an incredibly intelligent guy, maybe not when it comes to his personal health, but mentally, he's all there. If he wasn't in Slipknot, they really wouldn't be who they are today.

------

Well, I do believe I've spoken my mind....
Let this be a lesson in life.
Don't let boredom take over your soul....

Back