Shoes for drumming

I play in whatever shoes i'm wearing. Could be formal or running shoes.

I don't like to depend on any particular shoe or get caught up with a superstition that i can't play good because i forgot my "drum shoes."

I don't think anyone here is saying that and I'm happy that you are such a pro that you can play in something like a size 13 steel toed work boot. I can play bare foot, socks, shoes doesn't matter but I personally like having a bit of structure under my foot with a little more weight and grip. It also helps to not wear out your socks when you wear a thinnly soled shoe. Is it a tough and scary climb down from that high horse of yours lol?

..........I'm happy that you are such a pro that you can play in something like a size 13 steel toed work boot..............Is it a tough and scary climb down from that high horse of yours lol?

Bit rough don't you reckon? Why do you feel belittled by anything he said there?
You had your say based on your own preferences, why can't he have his?

You've just made a mountain out of a molehill mate. Misunderstandings come easily enough. No need to go looking for them when they aren't there to begin with.

The ones used by Grea... :*) Killer high heels...

Attachments

• Lux Drummerette high heels.jpg
    Lux Drummerette high heels.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 941
I don't think anyone here is saying that and I'm happy that you are such a pro that you can play in something like a size 13 steel toed work boot. I can play bare foot, socks, shoes doesn't matter but I personally like having a bit of structure under my foot with a little more weight and grip. It also helps to not wear out your socks when you wear a thinnly soled shoe. Is it a tough and scary climb down from that high horse of yours lol?

No high horse here! LOL. Just real world experience. And it's a size 11 1/2 steel toed combat boot.

Thanks for playing our game...tell him what he's won Johnny!

No high horse here! LOL. Just real world experience. And it's a size 11 1/2 steel toed combat boot.

Thanks for playing our game...tell him what he's won Johnny!

ROFL! Good sense of humor lol! :D

I play in whatever shoes i'm wearing. Could be formal or running shoes.

I don't like to depend on any particular shoe or get caught up with a superstition that i can't play good because i forgot my "drum shoes."

Agreed! I used to have a pair of "drumming shoes" then I forgot about packing em for a gig. I never used em again. I play in what ever I am wearing.

Hi all! The shoes ive drummed in for 2 years (only been drumming 3 1/2) are hanging on to life by a final thread, and i was thinking today that i would just get another pair. Well i looked online and i saw they are no longer produced, so i was wondering "oh no, what do i do!" I came across these, and wondered if they are worth trying/using
http://www.drumshoes.com/index.html
half of me says they would do their job perfectly, the other half screams marketing scam, any opinions, ect on these?

Those shoes linked, I was looking at them and found myself going through the artists that used them. I recognised a few bands, the ones I recognised I know have good technique and speed on pedals, whether that's important to you or not. But I generally drum in just socks, shoes can be a pain at times and break over time. Socks are just easy and as long as you have pedals that don't have a pattern/structure that is uncomfortable would be fine. I guess it's all personal preference though.

Count me as another one for Crocs. May have to change soon, though: I have really bad arthritis in both feet, and sooner or later I'm gonna have to have both big toe joints (the metatarsophalangeal or MTP joint) replaced. Been putting it off for years, but it's been bone-on-bone for a long time, and I'm down to only about 2-5deg of motion- and even that isn't pleasant. Needless to say, running is right out, and even walking more than half a mile or so gets to be really downright gnarly.

Not good for ultra drumming speed, but I can still get out of my own way for the moment. This getting-old thing really _is_ getting old...

Anything comfy with a flexible sole I find.
I have a pair of sneakers from target (*$20) cuz I needed a cheap pair of kicks.
These are my 'comfy drumming shoes' now.
Altho Converse All stars are comfy & a good shoe.

Anyone wasting money on special 'pedal' shoes i'm sure is doing so because they can afford it & its something fancy

Then it must be the shoes.

Race out and buy a pair and you'll magically develop good speed and technique too!! :)

Of course. I must do this now!
I'm not saying it's the shoes, but if he wants shoes then they're an option. I didn't look at the price of them though. If they're pricey I'd leave it

Bob Gatzen had a video about using running shoes for drumming. I've been wearing my New Balances lately. I used to wear Vans and the New Balances seem a little more flexible and forgiving when playing heel up. The footplate on my Iron Cobra isn't as grippy as it used to be I'm considering getting some kind of grip tape like grip peddler and see if that makes a difference. I bury the beater alot too.

I use converse- they work really well, are comfortable and still look cool ;)

+1, I also use moccasins, they actually work really well too. I use moccasins more than converse though because if I ever want to play bare footed its just as simple as kicking them off.

I've tried barefoot, socks, and basically every different type of shoe i've had. Out of everything I feel the most comfort and control with the Chuck Taylors! I now use those shoes almost exclusively for drumming.

But for the future I would love to try those Puma driving shoes!

Most skate type shoes work wonderfully for drumming. I owned a pair of these Macbeth "Bradley" shoes that were a cross between skate and wrestling models, with a nice split contoured sole and it was amazing to play with them. Sadly they weren't very durable for walking around Chicago.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back