My favorite sticks

Newly found favorites....

Three's a pair - 5A's
^^BRILLIANT^^

I've just switched to Pro-Mark Dom Howard signature, and i like them.
I used to use Pro-Mark 5A's with nylon tips, but i've started getting blisters, and these seem to be making a difference.

I like Steve Gadd sig. sticks by Vic Firth, but I haven't used them in a while. But I like the weight of them. I like the Vator 5a too. I'm using Pro-Mark Japan Oak right now, not bad. So far I like the Vators the most though.

regal tip quantum 9000. Problem is, can never find them in stock anwhere. After those i'd say Zildjian Rock's but they're very fragile

2 sticks that I've been satisfied with

Ahead joey jordison sticks(7a)[you have to buy a grip tape tho, very slippery]
Vic firth dave weckl model(evolution)

EDIT: A new stick, PROMARK SHIRAKASHI JAPAN OAK 5a

Last edited:
Regal Tip - Jazz nylon tipped (Although I'd like to try something similar with a wood tip);
Vic Firth - Peter Erskine Ride

Believe it or not- I found a company called drumbums- that make slightly shorter than usual sticks- wood tip-maple, they are around 5a and I just love them for jazz work. I also use flix sticks a lot often with an orange/black and a regular stick as they sound really nice in blues and rock.

Vader 1A's

I used these because the length is fantastic (slightly longer since i choke up on the stick)

Brick's of these are always availiable but i am thinking of trying to find something with the same length and diameter but slightly lighter.

I was using Promark 747's which had great weight and endurance but were to short for me. (Neil Pert Signature)

Pro-Mark TX101W - Dom Howard signature
Just a little bit thicker that a 5A, with a fatter taper which gives it a nice bounce at the end, with a tip thats great on the ride.
Yeah, My favorite :D

I can work with anything 2B, although 5B is acceptable.

I have been working with some Vic Firths, although I am looking at some Aquarian Powersleeves. freakin beasts dude

Back