Bands you're embarrased to say you like...

Okay, the challenge has been issued, so here it is...the band I'm most embarrassed to say I like: Loverboy. Okay, I said it. I'm going to hide in shame now.
Working For The Weekend and Lovin' Every Minute Of It are amazing songs!

Okay, the challenge has been issued, so here it is...the band I'm most embarrassed to say I like: Loverboy. Okay, I said it. I'm going to hide in shame now.

I used to listen to Loverboy nonstop in college, and still like their stuff. Although a couple years ago there was a musical TV show where they brought back some of the bands from the 80's to play their hits, and Loverboy was one of the bands. The lead singer, who used to wear tight red leather pants, gained about 100 pounds. I think he was wearing a small tent this time. LOL

I have Kenny Rogers greatest hits album. There, I said it. Oh, and I like the Bee Gees, even their disco era stuff. And KC & the Sunshine Band, as well as Kool & the Gang. Okay, I'm going to stop now....

A new My Chmical Romance song came on our local rock radio (www.rockradio.co.uk/manchester) recently and it had a great drum beat... Once I knew who it was I was really embarrassed.... MCR are crap!

My daughter has MCR posters all over her room. Some of their songs are okay. At least it isn't Panic at the Disco. Our band's guitarist has a good friend in Vegas that recorded Panic's demo tape that got then signed to a record deal. He said they were AWFUL!

MaryO gave me the courage to admit it.........i like ABBA...."becuase it's true i do, i do, i do, i do, i do."

I really enjoy practicing to my Duran Duran Cd...yes I said it Duran Duran!

MaryO gave me the courage to admit it.........i like ABBA...."becuase it's true i do, i do, i do, i do, i do."

I went to see an ABBA concert last summer AND also have seen KC and Sunshine Band in concert about 10 years ago (long after if was acceptable to like them, if there ever was such a time).

I better shut up before you guys kick me out of here!

I'm a huge fan of Tori Amos, Fiona Apple, Bjork, and Poe but have shied away from blasting their music in my car.

I went to see an ABBA concert last summer AND also have seen KC and Sunshine Band in concert about 10 years ago (long after if was acceptable to like them, if there ever was such a time).

I better shut up before you guys kick me out of here!

ABBA was in concert last year? I thought they hadn't toured in years.

ABBA was in concert last year? I thought they hadn't toured in years.

Well sort of..it was one member of the original band and the rest were "replacement" members. They played with the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra. It was actually quite good and a lot of fun.

yep, them & INNS were the only new wave bands I liked back them..I can't. believe i'm typing this..lol there always has too be a ying too a yang.

Bonzolead

Haha INXS was my second choice...

Whitesnake. I hang my head in shame.

I've never been much into them, but they've had some great drummers in and out of that band. Watching Tommy Aldridge with them was amazing.

my guilty pleasure is the scorpions ... and queensryche ...

When I was 20-21, my goal in life was to be in a band like Queensryche. I loved them. As did most drummers at the time.

Scorpions? Who doesn't at least kind of like them. Sure, they have some cheesy stuff, but it's fun cheese.

Evanescence, I love the piano, OK. Scorpians, Just straight ahead fun stuff.

I used to like Evanescence when they first came out. But the I slowly discovered many other bands who had that same sound, but were 100x times better, like Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, Leaves Eye, and Sirenia among others. Plus that 2nd Evanescence blew. It was way over produced, to the point it sounded like a Britney Spears album just with metal guitars on it.

I don't care for Abba, but do you know who loves them? Terry Bozzio. So at least you're in good company.

Back