Stinked By Evans

I've had nothing but painless, prompt experiences from VintageLogos, as have my friends. Polite, prompt, and considerate every time.

It must not be worth it for Evans to figure out how to place a mic hole. I hope they realize soon that there is nothing more personal than business, because their drum heads are great. Why they haven't yet subcontracted their custom work to VintageLogos is beyond me!

Hello,

Custom port placement has only come up a handful of times in the past several years since we started Inked by Evans. While it is our intent to introduce some new options for Inked by Evans (we will be offering Custom Marching Bass heads in 2013) there are lots of higher priorities for us right now, including a major announcement at NAMM in January.

We're quite proud of our custom bass drum head program being done in house and have no plans to subcontract to any other party.

Cheers!

mountains out of molehills. if they say it's going to be 4 weeks, then it's going to be 4 weeks. can't put the hole where you want it? do it yourself. it seems such a big deal over nothing. sheesh. i don't think evans has anything to apologize for. they weren't rude. they tried to work with you within their original parameters. some people can't be pleased. most are impatient. good things take time.

mountains out of molehills. if they say it's going to be 4 weeks, then it's going to be 4 weeks. can't put the hole where you want it? do it yourself.

FWIW, as an Evans artist, I was also told 4 weeks, and 4 weeks it was - to the day! I also cut my own hole into the head, no sweat. It's something that drummers do all the time without faulting the manufacturer for not offering holes on every head type they sell. It's not a big deal.

Bermuda

That's it, I'm never buying an Evans head again.

just kidding, I love Evans

Logo heads is the only business of Vintage Logos. Evans is a drum head dealer that offers a service within their realm. Comparing apples and oranges. I get miffed when I can buy fried chicken at the grocery store cheaper than Kentucky Fried, KFC, when that is their only business. Go figure. Just be glad you got it before that Maya calendar ran out.

Back