Keith Carlock: Drumsolo

I really like his style...so damn groovy!

He's got the strangest looking hand technique, too - though it obviously works well for him.

Keith Carlock sure is an amazing drummer. His ideas are really musical and definately unique! His technique is certainly different... he seems to be playing alot with his arms.

Keith Carlock sure is an amazing drummer. His ideas are really musical and definately unique! His technique is certainly different... he seems to be playing alot with his arms.

Maybe that's why he has that "uncomfortable" look...he does accentuate his playing with alot of arm movement. I think he is an amazing drummer. Like you said, "really musical".

Keith is so comfortable behind the kit, he almost looks uncomfortable.

HAHA! I totally hear you... Its funny to watch some of these insane monsters. I was also thinking as I watched this that I would almost be hesitant to let him play my kit. He'd friggin' kill it! My hardware alone wouldn't last two minutes!

Whatever you did Bernhard, it SOUNDS much better.

I heard him last year at the Beacon Theatre in NYC with Dan, and he was sublime, powerful, tasteful, controlled, without a note out of place or sounding like a robot.

Not easy to pull off.

Im heading out in few hours for a masterclass with keith :)

Back