Share your favorite more obscure movie

Don't know how obscure, but, "Wag The Dog".

Favorite line: "This is nothing..."

I liked House of Flying Daggers, it's an obscure film but it's beautifully shot, the fighting sequences are great and the love story is funny and sad at the same time, definitely a must for martial arts followers or fan of Zhang Ziyi.

The dance of the blind girl and the drums... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NVpK8Vh_h8

Last edited:
Here's some below-the-radar flick picks:

Bug (with Ashley Judd): Absolutely disturbing.

Drive

Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

Ain't In It For My Health - a documentary about The Band drummer, Levon Helm.

Peace, MT

Definitely. I think Andrei Rublev is his masterpiece, although some find it difficult. It's very long and it defies the linear "story-telling" model of film in pretty much every way. But it's just so f***ing beautiful.

I reiterate my recommendation. If you want masterpiece, watch Soylent Green. Think Aldous Huxley or George Orwell dystopia. Think 70s movie that looks like it was shot in outer space. My jaw hung wide open when I watched it again. Was it Charleton Heston? Can't remember, I think it was.

I just can't recommend it enough. Probably my all-time favourite movie after Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven. And my God, it is spectacular. SPECTACULAR.

And pretty damn obscure, I watched it back in the 80s on video tape on my VCR (anyone remember those?)

Back