Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute Hook Lug

DaDrumBum1

Finally got this shipped to my house after waiting 5+ months. After playing on a wonderful Stage Custom for 9 years, its nice to finally have a higher end kit.

For Those of you gearheads like me the complete specs are.

Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute Hook Lug
18x14 Bass Drum, 12x8 Mounted Tom, 14x13 Floor Tom in Cherry Wood Finish and a Yamaha 14x4 Brass Snare

Evans G1 Coated On toms and snare batter, G1 Clear on bottoms of toms and Hazy 300 on bottom of snare. EMAD Coated on Bass Drum batter

DW 6000 series flat base hardware, 5000 series pedal, Roc N Soc throne

Zildjian 20" K Custom Dark Ride w/3 rivets, 20" K Constantinople Flat Ride, and Paiste Sound Creation Dark Heavy Hi-Hats

Attachments

• 104_2338.JPG
    104_2338.JPG
    243.7 KB · Views: 2,467
  • 104_2333.JPG
    104_2333.JPG
    214.1 KB · Views: 2,180
  • 104_2331.JPG
    104_2331.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 2,163
  • 104_2340.JPG
    104_2340.JPG
    248.6 KB · Views: 2,216
...and Paiste Sound Creation Dark Heavy Hi-Hats

Wow!! I almost missed this detail, tacked on to the end of the post almost like an afterthought, lol...let's see some more of those hi-hats! Any sound clips? They must sound gorgeous. Nice kit also, set up very nicely.

Beautiful kit.....I KNOW they sing.....Love the finish.....I also have that snare......Do you still have the stage kit????I Still have mine after getting a Birch Custom kit..I still drag that kit around for gigs im not to sure about....Thing takes a beating but still does the job.and i dont worry about the singer not catching the tambourine!

Yeah I still have the Stage Custom Kit, it still rocks. I noticed you do have the same snare but yours is the Copper version. How do you like it?

Yeah I still have the Stage Custom Kit, it still rocks. I noticed you do have the same snare but yours is the Copper version. How do you like it?

The copper really bits when tuned tight its crisp like bacon.And one heavy drum.

...beautiful!
I think my dream set is a Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute Nouveau in vintage natural finish.
Once again, beautiful!

It's funny how the hook lug absolutes have been out for like two years but you never see them in stores or online. I'm sure the five month wait was worth it. I would love to update to a hook lug absolute kit.

Back