Pat Metheny on Kenny G and other Jazz greats

Ken, I honestly wanted to let you in on this but you were so perfect that I just couldn't!
I apologize to you most of all!
You were truly just a victim that was caught up in this.

I actually enjoy it because it helps me to keep up on the ideas and Polly is a plethora of just coming up with the great insights that keep me thinking.

Where is Abe? Its time for him to come clean!
He made this mess, He should help make amends also.

Abe, Fool me once, Shame on you! Fool me twice...
I can't stop laughing!!!

I have a master's in music history and have done doctoral work in music history, so I've read quite a few history books already.

Yes, but we've been down this line already. The fact is that jazz became a music of purely musical explorations, and that has happened for metal as well. so jazzers get all bent out of shape when you call them snobs for loving that part of it, but look how bent out of shape you got when I suggested that metal was not an artistic endeavor.

I never called anyone a snob. Quick, find one post where I called anyone a snob?
You won't find it. Nice try, but it failed.

Me bent out of shape? Naw, I'm not into yoga. :p

I never called anyone a snob. Quick, find one post where I called anyone a snob?
You won't find it. Nice try, but it failed.

Me bent out of shape? Naw, I'm not into yoga. :p

It was not a personal attack. I actually thought we were 'discussing' something not being involved with personal attacks.

Maybe you would understand this. I actually thought that after all we discussed, this guy would the the respect to realize where I was coming from when I goated him. But he tells me to read a history book, after all the posts where I think if anything one should realize I know my music history.

This guy? Me? come on, just say it to me.

I don't see a single post where I claimed to not realize where you are coming from.

It was not a personal attack. I actually thought we were 'discussing' something not being involved with personal attacks.

I don't see any personal attacks anywhere in this thread until you made the snide comment about me. Which I don't get, because at no point did I take you to task.

This guy? Me? come on, just say.

I don't see a single post where I claimed to not realize where you are coming from.
Forget about it!
Everyone is a "Tool" in a Jazz thread!
He didn't mean anything by it.

This guy? Me? come on, just say.

Dude, I made that statement and everyone jumped on me for it. And I confessed I was baiting you, and you still fell into it.You insinuated that I should read a history book. After the discussions we've had, do you really think I haven't read a history book?

I've been playing Vic Firth 5A for, oh, I guess about two or three years now, maybe not that long. Anyway that's what I'm playing now. I used to play Vic Firth 7As.

I play two up and one down. I also like my 16x18 bass drum and my 13x5.5 Panther Maple snare.
My God, I still can't stop laughing!!!

Last edited:
Where is Abe? Its time for him to come clean!
He made this mess, He should help make amends also.

ROFL. Yep, if that boy isn't here with a poop scooper soon we're gunna be buried under it all. The good news is this thread's been going for a while and every now I feel some green shoots are popping up out of the compost.

Bob, I use Vic Firth Kidsticks these days! Remember that cover of Little Wing I posted where you critiqued my hand technique? You'll see 'em there :)

BTW, what's the record thread length so far?

Ken, that metal comment was nice bait. Maybe what we need is for Nickelback to have a major hit covering Paranoid?

One up, one down for me, Bob. I'm a simple guy. I fish, I swim, I build fires.
I hunt deer, and I like to watch fires!
The US Army taught me that. At least I don't hunt people anymore!
My son is in the Army now and he likes to hunt people as much as I did way back when. He has to follow Rules of Engagement now. We didn't have to! We killed whoever we wanted to!

Dude, I made that statement and everyone jumped on me for it. And I confessed I was baiting you, and you still fell into it.You insinuated that I should read a history book. After the discussions we've had, do you really think I haven't read a history book?

Well, I'm reading this in-between mowing my lawn, dealing with my 3 year old and my 5 month old, so forgive me if I don't keep tabs on whom is whom around here. I didn't realize I was supposed to do a search and read every previous post of yours to know what you do or do not already know.

You made an ignorant statement, I called you on it, and now you're back tracking.

Why you suddenly want to make this personnel is beyond me. I've said nothing to you directly before you suddenly decided to come at me with this "bait".

Baiting people is also in poor taste, and against the rules
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35130
There is no trolling, flaming, or insulting of others allowed. Do not make comments that are sexist, racist, pejorative, obscene, inflammatory, spiteful, abusive, threatening, or in any way insulting or disrespectful to any individual or group of people. Do not allow disagreements to become personal. Attacking or insulting another forum member rather than disagreeing with their point of view will not be tolerated. If you do disagree with someone else's opinion, show your intelligence by arguing your position calmly and respectfully.

I hunt deer, and I like to watch fires!
The US Army taught me that. At least I don't hunt people anymore!

This has been a beautiful day, and this evening I took a beer out to the back yard and I looked at all the trees turning green and listened to the birds singing, and I decided to make a fire.

We have a big oak tree in our back yard and there were a lot of branches that had been blown off during the winter, so I took those branches, broke them up and made a fire.

I sat out there as the sun went down, until all I could see were the silhouettes of the trees against the grey-blue sky. It was so quite and peaceful, and I tended my fire and drank my beer and I said to myself, "what a wonderful world."

Well, I'm reading this in-between mowing my lawn, dealing with my 3 year old and my 5 month old, so forgive me if I don't keep tabs on whom is whom around here. I didn't realize I was supposed to do a search and read every previous post of yours to know what you do or do not already know.

You made an ignorant statement, I called you on it, and now you're back tracking.

Why you suddenly want to make this personnel is beyond me. I've said nothing to you directly before you suddenly decided to come at me with this "bait".

Baiting people is also in poor taste, and against the rules
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35130

Like I said, truthfully, I thought you would understand where I was coming from. I didn't make an ignorant statement> And you were the one who chose to become disrepectful so I've had it, end of story.

Back