Was I being ripped-off? (international shipping to Malaysia)

pijan_4g63

Hello to all the drummers around the world,

The reason for this post is not to condemn a particular business entity, website or a person. The reasons are to get advice, clarification and opinion on what really happen and the action that I can take to settle this problem.

On the 5th of September 2008, I made a purchase for the ‘A Zildjian Cymbals Packs’ thru their online store at http://www.lidrum.com/. The cymbals packs cost US$649.96. Mode of payment is by using credit card. My bank has cleared the payment to them on the 8th of September 2008. My bank also confirms that if the transaction was declined by their bank, there is no way that my bank will proceed with the transaction and debited my account.

Sadly, as of today there is still no news regarding my order whether it has been shipped or not and it’s been 16 days already since I placed my order. I checked the status of my order in their website, but its still ‘in processing’. Nor the seller never contacts me to explain the current status of my order. I’m really disappointed with the service that they are giving me. This kind of attitude that they are displaying is really destroying the drumming community.

Hopefully you all can give some feedback on this matter. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Long Island Drum Center, Plainview, NY - Was I being rip-off or what really happe

You should call or email them directly to inquire about the order. Make sure you give them the order number.

Re: Long Island Drum Center, Plainview, NY - Was I being rip-off or what really happe

You should call or email them directly to inquire about the order. Make sure you give them the order number.

Already email them, but still no reply regarding my order.

This is pretty straightforward.

If you've been charged for buying something, it never shows up, and no word from seller, then talk to your bank, tell them what happened. Your bank should have a policy where you will be credited back for being scammed. Banks hold insurance for exactly this type of thing.

It will probably take a few months, so be persistent and keep calling for updates. But you will be able to get your money back.

On the other hand, you're in Malaysia, it may be taking them awhile to figure out all the customs requirements. It sucks that they are not being responsive, but international shipping can be a major pain.

good luck.

you're from malaysia? why are you buying from a little drop shop in NY? ive dealt with the drum center many times, and they can be pretty shitty when it comes to customer service and prompt shipping. but they're knowledgable guys and they always have great stuff. call them up and be persistent about it, don't let them forget that you placed your order and you'd like to have it too.

you're from malaysia? why are you buying from a little drop shop in NY? ive dealt with the drum center many times, and they can be pretty shitty when it comes to customer service and prompt shipping. but they're knowledgable guys and they always have great stuff. call them up and be persistent about it, don't let them forget that you placed your order and you'd like to have it too.

Yup, I'm from Malaysia. The main reason I'm buying from them because they offer great price and low shipping rates.

Do you know other online store that offer international shipping that are more reputable than this drum shop?

I spoke with the owner today about this and he is going to look into it tomorrow. He is as much concerned with the fact that you haven't gotten your item as with the fact that your are not getting a response to your e mails.

I think it will be resolved promptly but let me know if the problem persists.

I spoke with the owner today about this and he is going to look into it tomorrow. He is as much concerned with the fact that you haven't gotten your item as with the fact that your are not getting a response to your e mails.

Thanks man. Your help is highly appreciated. Hope everything will be ok. I will update you later.

Deltadrummer:

You are a great man for stepping up and talking to the owner on behalf of Pijan!

Dude, nice to see someone there helping him out. Props for being a good guy.

Kenny's Kool Kause Kenny Kan Kill with Kindness!

You rock man, Thank you on behalf of drummers everywhere.

Good news everyone, they did respond today and confirm that the item will shipped soon. The item was on backordered thus it take some time for them to get it. There is some miscommunication and they overlook to reply my emails.

I will update you all later once the item is ship. To Mr. Deltadrummer, you are a lifesaver. Million thanks from me.

To everyone again, this post is not to condemn a particular business entity, website or a person. The reasons are just to get advice, clarification and opinion.

Thanks to all.

Good news everyone, they did respond today and confirm that the item will shipped soon. The item was on backordered thus it take some time for them to get it. There is some miscommunication and they overlook to reply my emails.

I will update you all later once the item is ship. To Mr. Deltadrummer, you are a lifesaver. Million thanks from me.

To everyone again, this post is not to condemn a particular business entity, website or a person. The reasons are just to get advice, clarification and opinion.

Thanks to all.

I figured that was the case because this time of year things get back ordered. Glad everything worked out.

Update!

The item has been shipped on 2nd October 2008. It's on the way. Will update once the item arrived.

The place you ordered from is the biggest (as in size) purely-drum store that I have EVER seen.

Its a good thing that the place you are/were questioning happens to be so well known because if it wasn't you might not have had a good chance of someone checking in on it.

Have fun with your A's

Yup, I'm from Malaysia. The main reason I'm buying from them because they offer great price and low shipping rates.

Do you know other online store that offer international shipping that are more reputable than this drum shop?

You can't have it all. There is low price, there is quality and there is speed. You may only have two of those. But you should expect two of those.

Back