DW9000 NIB Resale Price?

The GC store near me had the DW9000 double pedal on black Friday. Pretty sure they still had at least one left the next day too.
I got a DW9000 single pedal there on that day for $179.

Anyways, good luck with your sale.

I got it from Sam Ash, I thought I said that earlier but Idont proof read often, a terribly bad habit. But yea this store didnt have any. I was disappointed to say the least and almost threw a fit then since the ad advertised "limited quantity" not "zero quantity" and I was the first person in the percussion department that morning on Black Friday

Im with this 100% You need to talk to the right person i.e. the manager and anyone else above him, it'll be well worth $100 + you're planning to lose before you even try.

If you're not up to it do get your parents involved. This isn't a gear purchase gone wrong, its turned into a learning experience, go learn how get your money back.

You're 16, look at these efforts as an experience to be gained, don't just fold and lose money. And anyone else out there dealing with retail challenges (or any life challenge), if you get told something you don't believe is right, talk to another person. Its all about the right person, you need to try again TXC... they'll refund you (don't forget to bring your receipt).

If I can't manage to sell it before the next time I can make it up to the store, then I definitely will try and see if their customer service isn't too terrible.
Thank you!

Yes, $579+ 7% sales tax = equals $619, sorry. The Sam ash that sold it to me special ordered it, I'd rather just get cash back than arguing with them and ending up with a gift card to Sam ash or something. Even if I paid my asking price for the pedal, I would still be losing money on tax. Kind of like small retailers offering discounts on equipment through forums like this. I'm just a 16 year old kid trying to put some cash back in my pocket for a car, hardly a scammer. If I wanted to scam someone for a profit there are much easier ways than selling a drum pedal on a website full of educated buyers.

This whole thing is really confusing me. Do you have drum? I am assuming you needed the pedals, thats why you bought them. If you sell them for money to buy a car, you will have drums with no pedals right? The whole purchase seems like it wasnt thought out very well. Why buy top of the line pedals and not use them, it just doesnt add up?? There are so many pedals out there for a third of that price.

There are 6 separate listings on Ebay for new 9000 doubles under $450. Cymbalfusion.com has them for $389 shipped. If yours is the newest model with the upgraded hoop clamp, you might be able to get a bit more. Keep in mind that if people want to spend this kind of money, they would rather buy from GC or MF. that way they have a full warranty or have the option to return within 30 days. You might as well keep the pedal and enjoy it.

Thanks for posting that, didn't show up in ebay results but I'm in talks with him now.

He's doing the runout (previous version) for 389 but the new ones with the hoop clamp etc are 445 before shipping.

REDUCED PRICE:
$520 cash/paypal. You pay shipping (will ship through FedEx or UPS, whichever you prefer)

Really? When they're over $100 cheaper on eBay? And you aren't a dealer, your pedals come with no warranty. Even better, every big retailer (GC, MF, etc) is having sales all the time right now, leading up to christmas, and you can get 15% off of pretty much anything you want. That drops the price to $493, and and you can get them with free shipping, no tax, depending on where you are and who you order from.

And back to eBay, seriously, you have to look at completed listings to compare prices. Since you're not a dealer, you're competing with every used-good-condition pedal on eBay. Those go for as little as $250 plus shipping. And you paid $580+tax?

Take the things back to the store. You will either have to wait a very long time or else lose a lot of money on those pedals.

This whole thing is really confusing me. Do you have drum? I am assuming you needed the pedals, thats why you bought them. If you sell them for money to buy a car, you will have drums with no pedals right? The whole purchase seems like it wasnt thought out very well. Why buy top of the line pedals and not use them, it just doesnt add up?? There are so many pedals out there for a third of that price.

No, I've got a single pedal now, wanted to upgrade turned out to not be a great idea.

Ok will a moderator please close the thread? I set what was agreed as a fair price for the newest model, and all that has happened now is people criticizing me for my own decisions, trying to undercut my price by comparing with an older model, which obviously would be a different price. It will go on ebay for $520 plus whatever the shipping costs, if you are interested, feel free to PM me, otherwise, it would be best for me just to have the thread closed to prevent getting off on a bad foot with anyone in here.
Regardless of what anyone commented, thank you for the answers, but after compiling research with the comments of other members and percussionists, I firmly believe I am asking a fair price for the pedals, and would rather leave it at that.

Ok will a moderator please close the thread?

Why? Because you don't like the advice you're getting? Come on mate, you've gotta be bigger than that. Man up a bit. You asked for advice and now you're getting it. Just because it wasn't what you wanted to hear doesn't make it any less valid.

We all remember what is was like to be 16 and know everything already, but sometimes it really does pay to stop and listen to the voice of experience. You're getting some good advice here.....the best being to take the things back for a refund. Take mum or dad with you if you need someone a little more persuasive. But it's definitely time to start paying attention, I reckon.

However, if you really just want to pick up your bat and ball and go home, then you can lock any thread that you started yourself. Click on the "edit" button then click on the "lock thread" button.

Why? Because you don't like the advice you're getting? Come on mate, you've gotta be bigger than that. Man up a bit. You asked for advice and now you're getting it. Just because it wasn't what you wanted to hear doesn't make it any less valid.

We all remember what is was like to be 16 and know everything already, but sometimes it really does pay to stop and listen to the voice of experience. You're getting some good advice here.....the best being to take the things back for a refund. Take mum or dad with you if you need someone a little more persuasive. But it's definitely time to start paying attention, I reckon.

However, if you really just want to pick up your bat and ball and go home, then you can lock any thread that you started yourself. Click on the "edit" button then click on the "lock thread" button.
I have listened to everything people said, but I'd rather not have to fend off questions from everybody and their mother thinking I'm a scammer, yes, I realize that DW9002's are going for 380 elsewhere, I also realize that is an older model, whereas mine is the newest, all of which is coming straight from what has been told to me on this post. I realize I should try to return it even though the receipt says I will not be able to, and I have said I will try. But I would also like to know that if I cannot return it, I am able to at least get my money back somewhat.
I understand that at times I do come off that way because I've barely experienced half the lessons that "older" (I use that lightly so as to not offend haha) people have, but in all honesty I have tried to use all of the advice that has been given to me, but given there are multiple scenarios that could play out, not all the advice applies to the same scenario, but it does apply to one of them, if that helps clarify anything.
I hope others can agree though that almost every angle has been covered by someone at this point, whether the Sam Ash employees decide to cooperate or not.
Once again, thanks to all!

You opened the box!

-$50.

Next time you'll know to think before you buy. I want a set myself, you should just enjoy them, they'll last you 20 years and cost you nothing, unlike a car.

You opened the box!

-$50.

Next time you'll know to think before you buy. I want a set myself, you should just enjoy them, they'll last you 20 years and cost you nothing, unlike a car.

I haven't opened the box yet, and I'll be taking them back, I called in a favor with a friend and he's going to pull some strings to get a full refund.

The mods will decide when a thread should be closed, thank you.

Bermuda

Back