Iron Cobra Vs. Speed Cobra

foREVer

Which one in your opinion is better? I know they are about the same price, and I know the speed cobras are supposed to be an upgraded version of the Iron Cobras, but for $20 what could really make that much of a difference. Also, is it worth the extra $20 to get speed cobras, or are the iron cobras still good enough?

The pedals have quite a price difference.

In England, they're about at least £40-60

regular IC's are 320, speed cobras are 350 at midwest percussion. They have a 13% off promo right now as well, coupon code "big13".
The speed cobras have a loger footboard, and they feel a little lighter to me. I tried them out the local GC, liked the way they felt, the longer footboard is a nice bonus for a heel-toe player like myself

I have had Iron Cobras in the past and I just picked up two Speed Cobras yesterday, I have to say by far I like the Speed cobras much more, I have more speed and control just a much better feel than any other pedal I have tried. But remember just because these work for me does not mean they will work for you. I did try the DW 3000 5000 9000 the Pearl Demon drive and a few others and liked these the best. I did do a comparison with the reg. Iron Cobra and to me the added leverage of the longer foot board on the Speed Cobra made it easier to play. but again its all personal preference.

The original Iron Cobra felt stiff to me. A friend reccomending I try the speed cobra, and when I tried it out I fell in love. Traditional Iron Cobras feel stiff and heavy to me, where as the Speed Cobra is light, but you still feel like you're playing a pedal.

I also like the chain drive. I dispise direct drive pedals. Feels like to much delay to me. But that's just my opinion.

I owned a Speed Cobra for a bit, wasnt that impressed with it. Traded it for a DW 9000, which I traded for a regular IC today. Will post impressions after I spend a bit of time with it.

I played a singled IC for many years, but recently decided to switch up to a speed cobra based on lots of good reviews and i liked the way it felt in the store. I love that its lighter than the IC. I definitely feel like my leg doesnt get fatigued nearly as quickly when I play fast.

Well, i've spent some time with my newly acquired IC and I like it better than the Speed Cobra, feels more comfortable to me. The Speed Cobra just never felt natural, I couldn't seem to find the sweet spot on the footboard.

Now, I own an older iron cobra (w/out cobra coil) its a great pedal but due to age and abuse the bearings are wearing, and its falling apart :p

Ive played the speed cobra and boy fast was an understatement... lol i loved the long boards...

Yet the thing that keeps me from buying another one, or a new one is i can pinch the beaters together and make them touch, even the speed cobra has the 2 peice shaft... On my IC there has been tons of wear and play in it has developed now... idk maybe it was a lemon at the store...

I had a buddy that moved from his IC who was saying the same stuff that i said... He picked up that mapex Falcon, oh my word that was a smooth pedal, felt almost like a dw9000...

The original Iron Cobra felt stiff to me. A friend reccomending I try the speed cobra, and when I tried it out I fell in love. Traditional Iron Cobras feel stiff and heavy to me, where as the Speed Cobra is light, but you still feel like you're playing a pedal.

I also like the chain drive. I dispise direct drive pedals. Feels like to much delay to me. But that's just my opinion.
If any direct drive pedal feels like is has any delay or lag it's either technique or setup. I have Power glide ICs, ans SC 910s with chain & direcr drive conversions the the direct drive are way more responsive.

Ones Iron... Ones Speed.

Oh Yeah GIF

Will show myself.out.

At home, I have speed cobras double and live I use a single iron Cobra, none of the bands I play in need a double pedal. I like them both a lot. I don't think one's better than the other they're just slightly different. I think if I had to choose only one though it would be the speed cobra.

Back