Throne advice

gimp fest

hi,
i'm in the market for a new throne. my main criteria are comfort and durability.

I've been looking:

gibraltar 9608 os
gibraltar hydraulic

has anyone got any other suggestions either in the same price range or cheaper?

thanks for any help :)

Pork Pie thrones are super comfortable, but may be a little pricey.
I got a tractor style throne with a wide seat and suede top for $160.
It's the most comfortable throne I've ever sat on.

Man, the only way you're gonna know is if you go down to the store and try them out. Everybody's idea of comfort is different. I just bought a new throne recently and i got to sit on a pork pie, a roc'n'soc and a couple others and the one i left with turned out to be a Tama first chair Ergo-rider. It felt more fuctional as a throne to me although maybe not as cushy as the pork pie.The other factor that swayed me was that my other throne, a Tama titan from '87 has held up to hundreds of gigs over twenty one years, is solid as a rock and i've never cleaned it. Man, i'm looking at it right now. I'm going to take some chrome polish to it right this second...

I second Diosdude with the Tama throne. I have the one attached- solid as a rock but not as hard as one on my butt, haha! One day I'll get around to getting the backrest attachment. (Anyone got one they wanna sell?)

Attachments

• throne.gif
    throne.gif
    21.1 KB · Views: 169
Mapex make really good thrones and they are reasonably priced. I have the motorcycle style and I love it.

I went looking to GC for a RocnSoc and was trying that out with one of their own I think Sound Percussion.

It undercut the roc by like $90 and I couldnt tell the difference between the two really.

It is really well made and sturdy as hell- I have only had it around 6 months and have yet to gig with it but I love it so far- i will get back to you in a few years about the durability

whatever you get if you can afford it go with a hydraulic base. It's so much more comfortable and easier on the back then the screw drives! Me personally I like the roc n soc!

why'd my attachment above disappear...??

Try Elite thrones, cheap but are really comfortable and last forever.

I'll second that! I've just bought myself a new throne and I picked up an Elite Moto Throne and it really is very comfortable and you can tell instantly that its gonna last.

Luckily my nearest drum shop carries alot of Elite stuff, I don't know whether anyone else has tried their other hardware but its worth a look. Its not as expensive as some brands but it does the job well indeed.

Adam

I also like the Pork Pie. The only issue is the seat is so thick it's a bit bulky.

I just picked up a Yamaha DS-840. It is really pretty comfortable and very sturdy. It was the one in the shop that ended up behind the demo kit most often and the owner's favorite stool, so I gave it a shot and I like it.

That, and all my other hardware is Yamaha, so that made the choice easier.

It was $99 +tax.

Great advice...I really think trying several out is important. Also, your seat height is a big factor as some go lower than others. I really like the roc n soc's but bought a roadmaster

I have the pearl roadster and absolutly love it...found mine on ebay in excellent condition and I love the 4 legs overall. It all comes down to what you really want...WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Back