What was the last CD (or Record) that you bought or had bought for you?

A

Aggressivec

Easy enough...

1. Black Sabbath- The Rules of Hell (Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules, Live Evil and Dehumanizer)

2. Faith No More- The Real Thing

3. Lamb of God- Ashes of the Wake

4. Death- Symbolic

5. Nine Inch Nails- The Downward Spiral

The last CD I bought was "Sonny Rollins + 4." It's the Max Roach/Clifford Brown Quintet, but it was Sonny Rollins' date. On paper it looked like it just couldn't miss, but I have to say that I was dissapointed. The songs just don't do it for me.
It just goes to show that even the best band can put out a clam from time to time.

~ AC/DC, Black Ice.

~ METALLICA, Death Magnetic.

~ RAMMSTEIN, Live Aus Berlin.

~ WHITE ZOMBIE, La Sexorcisto. I had it on tape before, now I bought the CD.

~ NINE INCH NAILS, With_Teeth.

~ AC/DC, Black Ice.

~ METALLICA, Death Magnetic.

What did you think of them iwilliams? I havent heard all of Black Ice, but from what I have heard it is great. I know that AC/DC's consictancy is amazing, so I'm assuming that the whole album is great. With Death Magnetic, I really hated what I have heard. They have strayed so far from the original Thrash sound that any attempt to re-create it really wont cut it for me. Plus, there is so much better thrash that I could listen to (Municipal Waste, Lamb of God, Slayer, etc) that I could listen to instead of a band that had it's day in the 80's try to re-create themselves. I dunno, just my two cents.

What did you think of them iwilliams? I havent heard all of Black Ice, but from what I have heard it is great. I know that AC/DC's consictancy is amazing, so I'm assuming that the whole album is great. With Death Magnetic, I really hated what I have heard. They have strayed so far from the original Thrash sound that any attempt to re-create it really wont cut it for me. Plus, there is so much better thrash that I could listen to (Municipal Waste, Lamb of God, Slayer, etc) that I could listen to instead of a band that had it's day in the 80's try to re-create themselves. I dunno, just my two cents.

Hello, Aggressivec.

AC/DC's Black Ice, some people love / hate it, I love it. They keep that traditional riff and clean guitar sound, some drum fills, groovy time-keeping, ripping voice, good bass. It works really fine for AC/DC, they have survived through the years, instead of other bands that they climb so high and fall so low, in a flip of the fingers.

METALLICA: I like Kill Em' All, Ride The Lightning, Garage Days. For some reason, they are missing or lacking something.

Cheers,

Ah thats what I thought. Well, I'm sorry Metallic didn't deliver. I hope you downloaded it iligally LOLOLOLOL.

I used my 50 dollar Best Buy giftcard to buy a 50 dollar iTunes giftcard today.

Anata The Conductors Departure
Nile Ithyphilliac
Cryptopsy Whisper Supremacy
Decapitated The Negation

I'm gonna buy something else tomorrow too

i just got these for christmas

alkaline trio - maybe well catch fire
thursday - war all the time
deftones - around the fur
tom petty - full moon fever

Easy enough...

1. Black Sabbath- The Rules of Hell (Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules, Live Evil and Dehumanizer)

2. Faith No More- The Real Thing

3. Lamb of God- Ashes of the Wake

4. Death- Symbolic

5. Nine Inch Nails- The Downward Spiral

I share your taste, Black Sabbath (Bill Ward, Vinny Appice on drums), Death (Chuck Schuldiner, powerful singer).

MewithoutYou - Brother Sun, Sister Moon

This is gonna sound really weird. This band is kind of like a young, Christian Allen Ginsberg singing free verse over Tenacious D with a bit of Radiohead and White Stripes mixed in. Very weird, very cool.

Judas Preist-British Steel
Metallica-Ride The Lightning
Dio-Holy Diver (live)
AC/DC-Back in Black
The Who-Tommy
The Who-Quadrophenia
Blaze Bayley-The Man Who Would Not Die (totally amazing!)

The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
The Smiths - Strangeways, Here We Come
The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
NIN - Year Zero
NIN - With Teeth
The Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Portishead - Dummy
Portishead - Portishead
Pink Floyd - Ummagumma
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother
DJ Shadow - Entroducing
RATM - RATM
Brian Eno - Ambient One: Music For Aiports

Covers about half of my recent buying. It's getting really out of hand...

Led Zeppelin - The song remains the same

Its amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just went out and bought yesterday-

The Cinematic Orchestra - Every Day
Tom Waits - Beautiful Maladies: The Island Years
James Brown - GODFATHER: The Best Of
Benny Greb - Grebfruit

Prefuse 73 - One Word Extinguisher
J Dilla - Donuts
Andrew Hill - Judgement!
Jackie McLean - Destination... Out!
Wayne Shorter - Night Dreamer
Thelonious Monk - Misterioso
Tchaikovsky - Hamlet and Romeo & Juliet
Grieg - Peer Gynt Suites & Concertio for Piano in A minor
Shostakovich - Symphony No. 7
Carl Jenkins - The Armed Man
Madlib - Shades of Blue: Madlib Invades Blue Note
Dewey Redman & Ed Blackwell - Red and Black in Willisau
Quasimoto - The Unseen
Yesterday's New Quintet - Angels Without Edges
Roy Haynes - Out of the Afternoon
Danger Mouse - Ghetto Pop Life

Yep, I'm getting out of hand too...

The last CD I bought was The Roots - Phrenology. Proper Hip Hop with a killer drummer.

Back