awesome gf - awesome cymbal

brotherbaker

Well, for Father's Day, I got a receipt from a music store & finally, yesterday, this arrived. I have the best girlfriend in the world...! This cymbal is mean.

24" PAISTE 2002 Crash. This thing even makes my 24" Zildjian Medium Ride look small.

Sorry for the crappy phone pics & messy basement.

Attachments

• IMG00152.jpg
    IMG00152.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 856
  • IMG00153.jpg
    IMG00153.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 834
  • IMG00154.jpg
    IMG00154.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 841
  • IMG00155.jpg
    IMG00155.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 825
  • IMG00156.jpg
    IMG00156.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 811
Last edited:
Two more inches and that thing is a Gong. Good Lord thats a huge crash.

It seems to sustain for days. I love to use it as a crash/ride. You don't have to put much into into it to get a very full sound. I am thinking it will work well in a live setting, but not sure about recording with it, but I am gonna try..!

I mentioned how much I loved this cymbal at a Kings of Leon concert (Nathan plays one) & my gf took note of it & surprised me with it.

Awesome stuff!! You can't really get much bigger as far as crashes go I guess. I once played the 24" giant beat ride, which was a dream to play. I'm guessing this cymbal has some similar qualities.

Nice. I saw someone demo that cymbal on the memphis drum shop youtube page. It sounded so good. But it has a pretty hefty price tag with it. It's on my list of cymbals to get whenever I have 400 bucks to spare Lol.

wow! 24" crash! awesome! I didn't even know they made crashes that big.
And yeah... you must have the best gf ever! If my gf ever got me a cymbal for a present I would be thrilled... well... as long as I liked it i would be... but if i didn't i'd still like the thought.

Sweet cymbal, like someone else stated its the same way Nathan Followill from Kings Of Leon plays and it sounds amazing. You do indeed have an amazing girlfriend!

Back