Mapex Janus single pedal

frozenhenkka

I found one shop selling this pedal in clearance for 79€ (about 100 usd). Have someone used this pedal before? Is it worth to buy? Pros and cons? I didn't find any thread maching for this.

I found one shop selling this pedal in clearance for 79€ (about 100 usd). Have someone used this pedal before? Is it worth to buy? Pros and cons? I didn't find any thread maching for this.

Honestly, you don't want it. We/I talked about its inadequacies years ago, you may be able to find it using the SEARCH

I have the double pedal. Don't buy it. You'd be far better off saving up and getting a cobra/eliminator/similar in my opinion.

It felt pretty solid to begin with, but it wasn't long before the thing started feeling less reliable. Eventually, after a series of small, niggly problems (and three years off use), the two screws circled below failed and now it's useless:

I have the double pedal. Don't buy it. You'd be far better off saving up and getting a cobra/eliminator/similar in my opinion.

It felt pretty solid to begin with, but it wasn't long before the thing started feeling less reliable. Eventually, after a series of small, niggly problems (and three years off use), the two screws circled below failed and now it's useless:

Yeah, what he said☝

Its a cool design concept, just poorly made with cheap materials in sleepy town in China, maybe a little too sleepy.

I remember the heel plate hinge-pin would slide out if you lube'd it too much.

Ok. I read some reviews earlier from other forums and some people told that its pretty nice pedal.. This pedal has got longer footboard than pedals usually do so it would be nice.. since my foot size is 13 :) And in addition I don't have that much money to spend. One drumshop here in Finland is selling that pedal in clearance for very cheap price.. It's brand new and everything.. Would be interesting to test anyways! Thanks for info though!

Back