Drumset Designing Tools

where can i find the builder that made this?
da_setup.jpg

Post your DW KITBUILDER Dream Kit

This would be ideal for me if I was a millionaire.

Attachments

• d.JPG
    d.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 2,842
Last edited:
Re: Post your DW KITBUILDER Dream Kit

heres minee...alot of inspiation from mike portnoy as you can see haha

Attachments

• Sick DW drum kit.JPG
    Sick DW drum kit.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 2,851

Here's mine, just a tiny bit Bonham influenced...
Except mine would be Ludwig, not DW

Attachments

• dwkitbuilder.bmp
    323.5 KB · Views: 2,992

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Attachments

• drum I wish.bmp
    293 KB · Views: 2,921

Here's mine, just a tiny bit Bonham influenced...
Except mine would be Ludwig, not DW

14x14 rack over a 26" bass? How tall are you? :)

I pretty much have my dream kit already except I'd like my toms to be alittle shallower and my 14" to have legs.

Attachments

• kitbuilder.jpg
    kitbuilder.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 2,750

14x14 rack over a 26" bass? How tall are you? :)

I pretty much have my dream kit already except I'd like my toms to be alittle shallower and my 14" to have legs.

Hahaha they didn't have the 14X12 rack

newdreamkit.jpg

i'd like to say i based this off another drummer's design, but i'm pretty sure i haven't seen this setup before. before i get glares: i'm a big fan of left-side toms. i feel like when i play open, i open myself up (no pun intended) to much more potential for creativity. and sometimes i find that there can be a big disadvantage if you are only playing out to your dominant hand.

fourstring: abandoning the garibaldi setup? i reaaaaally liked how you have it set up almost exactly like his kit (with better cymbals, though). his setup is perfect for funky playing..

Here it is:

Drums: Custom laquer design (Autism logo: puzzle pieces in blue with some missing pieces in black.)
Cymbals: 14in hats, 10in splash, 16in crash, 18in crash, 20in ride, 18in chinese all Sabian AAX

Attachments

• dream drum kit.bmp
    304.1 KB · Views: 2,808
Last edited:

Hahaha they didn't have the 14X12 rack

Look again. They have 12x14 rack and floor options.

As for mine, something like Pat Keeler from the Raconteurs ludwig kit, or Gmrakich's Bradys.
I really like how Keeler runs a big ( 26" or 24") kick for the heavier stuff and a smaller (either 20" or 18") for softer stuff; he doesn't play 'double-bass' as such, just has two drums for different sound options. That's cool.
As for cymbals, I'd use my own plus a couple of extras. All Bosphorus Traditionals of course.
So left to right they'd be:
16" med crash
10" splash
17" med-thin crash
22" Med ride
18" med crash
20" heavy ride
18" china

Attachments

• 1.bmp
    348.7 KB · Views: 2,856

This would five a bit of oomph.

Attachments

• ds.JPG
    ds.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 2,657
Last edited:

Bermuda Sparkle and Bosphoruses? Nice.

By the way, Stanton Moore does the same type of thing as the guy you're talking about, in terms of the secondary (different sized) bass drum. His setup might give you some other inspiration.

Bermuda Sparkle and Bosphoruses? Nice.

By the way, Stanton Moore does the same type of thing as the guy you're talking about, in terms of the secondary (different sized) bass drum. His setup might give you some other inspiration.

Stanton giving me inspiration? Never!....
Do you have any idea how many times I've watched his modern approach dvd? He's responsible for me first checking out Bosphorus. Now they're all I have on my kit. He runs an 18"/20" as his main kick and a really old & beaten up 26" marching drum as a secondary kick, but out on the right, ala Dave Weckl.
I prefer the Pat Keeler/Stephen Perkins/Tim Alexander style with the extra kick in front of the left foot.

Stanton giving me inspiration? Never!....
Do you have any idea how many times I've watched his modern approach dvd? He's responsible for me first checking out Bosphorus. Now they're all I have on my kit. He runs an 18"/20" as his main kick and a really old & beaten up 26" marching drum as a secondary kick, but out on the right, ala Dave Weckl.
I prefer the Pat Keeler/Stephen Perkins/Tim Alexander style with the extra kick in front of the left foot.

My bad sir, didn't mean to offend. Yeah, Stanton was definitely my first reason for wanting to try out Bosphorus too. Nice to see we have some common taste. I've been meaning to check his dvd out, but right now I'm VERY intent on mastering Mike Clark's advanced funk book.

My bad sir, didn't mean to offend. Yeah, Stanton was definitely my first reason for wanting to try out Bosphorus too. Nice to see we have some common taste. I've been meaning to check his dvd out, but right now I'm VERY intent on mastering Mike Clark's advanced funk book.

Hey, I'm not offended at all. The DVD is great. I haven't studied Stanton's stuff as per out ot the book, but rather I just keep going back and picking up new stuff that I can apply to my own playing. Actually, now I think about it there's one particular groove I want to learn, so I might go watch it now and see how I go.

untitled1copyfy1.jpg

In champagne sparkle baby! I'm not sure about the tom sizes and I have not clue what kind of hi-hat that is (just chose it because it was a 14). I would love a 26" bass drum but in my current living-space and transportation, i wouldn't be able to have one. But 22x14 are my next favorite next to a 26. I wish they were Ludwigs too haha.

fourstring: abandoning the garibaldi setup? i reaaaaally liked how you have it set up almost exactly like his kit (with better cymbals, though). his setup is perfect for funky playing..

Yeah I went back to just a basic 4 piece. That setup is more comfortable for me.

This would be ideal for me. I'm pretty close, only thing missing is the 12" china and 14" crash, and I'd have to replace my ride for a 22". I like having lots of cymbals (I consider my ideal kit to have "lots of cymbals", though I know that it's quite modest compared to what some drummers have :) )
Also, I would want to upgrade my hi-hat and splashes to Paiste Signatures.

Edit: that 12" upper left splash is supposed to be a 12" china.

Attachments

• ideal.png
    ideal.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 2,807

...mine would look something like this.

Barry

Back