Gene Simmons..oh dear

It's sex, drugs, THEN rock and roll. Right?

Idk, I prefer music over theatrics. I don't need pyrotecnics, I just want to see people playing music, not freaks puking blood, or whatever.

They performed on Long Island not to long ago I have to agree with 1st post!1or 2 good songs the rest is just a show!

He is being honest but not all musicians are like that...

...I can tell you that sex does't seem to motivate those prog acts that value technical and complex musicianship...

...either way, it is still self gratifing.

One day I was on the free way, stuck in traffic, and I look over, and he's in a car next to me. LOL.

I've never understood KISS as music. I've studied them trying to figure out the appeal, and I don't get it.

But as a business man, I respect the hell out of Gene Simmons. He helped build a brand name from nothing and milked it for all it's worth. Brilliant in the business sense. Not so much in the musical sense.

OH, he was brilliant in the musical sense too. The band played EXACTLY the right stuff to get as many people to listen as they did. Musical GENIUSES they are!!! Had they been any different the effect would ALSO have been different. Maybe NOT as successful!!

Gene Simmons is a business genius as long as a talented musician. How ever I don't agree with the way they went about putting Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer in Peter Criss' and Ace Frehley's make up. I also don't agree with how they have Tommy sing Ace Frehley's Shock Me or how they just started having Eric Singer singing Peter Criss' Beth. Butt from a business stand point this is what the " new kiss fans" want to see and hear.They could have either given them new make up or not worn it at all. The pyrotechnics, breathing fire, spitting blood, and the make up aren't what draws me to love kiss as passionately as I do.All of that is just an added bonus. For me it's all about the music. They have written some of the best rock and roll music that I have ever heard.......and to be honest some of the worse that I have ever heard. I read many reviews of their concerts where the reviewer will say things like the little kids are enjoying the stage show and that saddens me because I've been as kiss fan for 12 years. I first saw then when I was 7 years old. I fell in love with their music and have been listening to it every day since. Kiss is in my blood.

Back