Steeler Nation!

DrewTheShoe

I am pleased to announce to all other members of Steeler Nation congratulations: we did it.
Oh what a stressful 4th quarter.

In other news, all Pittsburgh area public schools are opening two hours late tomorrow. Classic Steel.

what an incredible game, back and forth like that and down to the last seconds of the fourth quarter!

the Cardinals should be proud of their incredible season - no one believed but they themselves!

and congratulations Super Bowl Champion Steelers - a NFL record 6th championship!

That was a CRAZY game! Filled with penalties and excitement. I thought I was going to have a coronary the second half!

Congrats !! The Iron Curtain reigns supreme!!

Hate to say it but the Cards beat themselves.......

I thought a couple of the calls that went against the Cardinals were kind of ticky-tack, but a great game overall. It had pretty much everything we wanted to see--Big Ben extending plays, Warner and Fitz hooking up for crazy catches, and a great finish!

Yeah Steelers!

Cards win??? Not the game I was watching.

Congrats to the Steelers and the Steeler Nation, they did it!!!!!!!!! Some terrible calls on both sides, definitely. Arizona never gave up and played an excellent game to the end. I thought it was a done deal after the half but they almost turned it around.

6 time champs

I'm not a football fan, but I did enjoy that game. It was intense from start to finish. Congratulations Steelers!

What kind of snare was Max playing during the half time show? It looked like a Spaun. Did anyone notice? That 20" kick sounded killer too!! Gotta love them DW's!!

Congrats to the steelers on their great play this season.

However, I was very disappointed in the super bowl. That was some of the absolute worst officiating I have ever seen against both teams. The steelers got away with murder on the offensive line (trust me, rothlesburger is not that good at evading tackles) and there were so many bogus personal foul calls against arizona it made me sick. I'll point out a few. When rothlesburger got hit one step after the ball was thrown, the defender was flagged. The defender has three steps to hit the QB. Next drive, same thing happened to warner, no flag on the play.

The unnecessary roughness call when the arizona defender ran into the holder was bogus too. he was diving to try to block the kick and landed on the holder. He could not have controlled that and there was no way to pull up. Should not have been a penalty.

The officials also went almost two full quarters without flagging the steelers for ANYTHING. and with the bloody murder they got away with (at least a dozen holds and almost as many false starts) you couldnt pay me to believe the steelers didnt commit penalties in the time frame.

I'm a cowboys fan and therefore this year's game didnt mean anything to me, but i really am losing my faith in the NFL and the officiating crews ability to call a game fairly. Guess we will all see what next year brings.

Congrats to the Steelers. Great game even though it was tainted. Hopefully Harrison gets suspended for a few games at the beginning of next season for that BS he was doing. Enjoy this one because next year you will have to go through New England and we all know how that works out don't we? : )

I was kind of rooting for the underdog, even though I knew the game was a foregone conclusion.

All in all, other than a horribly missed pass in the end zone, and a little poor sportsmanship, the steelers controlled Arizona. There was a mismatch in quality of defense.

Arizona misread their play, handing the steelers the longest run in NFL history. That's a lot more embarrassing than a missed reception.

Arizona was an "almost" but not really superbowl caliber team. Better luck next time- they will get there.

I liked seeing Max back behind e-street. Nice show. I have always liked that kit. I will have to freeze-frame my dvr and look at the snare.

Well...

the officials took that game right out of the players hands.

Stupid holding penalties. I mean...seriously. You may as well call holding on every play, for cryin' out loud! Geeessshhh....

One of THE worst officiated Super Bowls...EVER!

and...

ONE bad play by the Cards was one of the reasons why Pittsburgh had more points at the end. The 100 yard interception for a TD. A basic Pee-Wee football rule was broken by the Cardinals.

You don't throw a pass in FRONT of the defense in the red zone. You throw it to the back of the end-zone...BEHIND the defense. Especially when you got a guy like Larry Fitzgerald on your team. I mean...come on! :-|

Anyway...I'm just venting. :-(

Congrats, Steelers!

Oh...

And "The Boss" was really REALLY good at halftime!

Nice job, Bruce! And, of course...Max! ;-)

Whew!

As far as the 100yd pick 6 was concerned, there's a good article here http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=garber_greg&id=3877912about how Harrison was supposed to rush on the blitz package, but his instincts took over and he dropped pack into coverage and made an incredible play. For the record it was a beautifully designed play by Arizona, because Boldin was open if not for Harrison's ad lib.

And please don't have your sensabilities offended by Harrison's personal foul call just because of announcers' hyperbole. Much worse than Harrison's Ric Flair-chop occurs in many pileups and nothing gets called. Ever. Harrison's personal foul was the correct call; just realize that it was small potatoes.

Cards are worthy, Fitz is the next Jerry Rice, Warner's the real deal, and the Steelers have more Lombardi's than your team.

Last edited:
Well...

the officials took that game right out of the players hands.

Stupid holding penalties. I mean...seriously. You may as well call holding on every play, for cryin' out loud! Geeessshhh....

One of THE worst officiated Super Bowls...EVER!

and...

ONE bad play by the Cards was one of the reasons why Pittsburgh had more points at the end. The 100 yard interception for a TD. A basic Pee-Wee football rule was broken by the Cardinals.

You don't throw a pass in FRONT of the defense in the red zone. You throw it to the back of the end-zone...BEHIND the defense. Especially when you got a guy like Larry Fitzgerald on your team. I mean...come on! :-|

Anyway...I'm just venting. :-(

Congrats, Steelers!

I think it had something to do with the flag being the same color as the Steelers uniforms.

Not in this Decade or Century : ) Of course you could tie us next season but Brady will be back so good luck with that.

Facts are facts. And both of us are completely correct. Brady is the best. Period. And things will be different for the Pats next year with him. However, to fully expand on your timeline argument, the Steelers have been winners for decades, spanning two centuries.

But that's why they play the games. NFL is so much fun, isn't it?

the game didn't get hot until the 4th quarter. I knew the Cards were in trouble when Fitzgerald scored and they left 2 1/2 minutes on the clock for the Steelers. Way too much time. Even with that the Cards had the game but you gotta give the Steelers credit. They are worthy champions and unlike other teams I have no problem with them winning. They are a classy old school organization.

Last edited:
I am pleased to announce to all other members of Steeler Nation congratulations: we did it.
Oh what a stressful 4th quarter.

In other news, all Pittsburgh area public schools are opening two hours late tomorrow. Classic Steel.
...What?

Back