Under your Christmas tree is a...

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
Yes folks it's that time of year again! What are you dreaming of for Christmas?

My first choice is for my kids to be happy and healthy. Then after that I would like them to have a nice toy that they wanted.

If there's any room left in Santa's sleigh, I would love a Supersensitive Black-Beauty!

If there's any room left in Santa's sleigh, I would love a Supersensitive Black-Beauty!

Dont we all! *Music* All I want for christmas is a new drum seat!

If I could just get one of those Jimmy K's.....when it comes time to solo, I could just prop him up behind my kit and let him fly.

21" AAX raw bell dry ride
Axis A longboard double pedal
14" A Custom hi hats
A bunch of sticks

I always put this kinda stuff on my lists, but I always get clothes and silly little things that end up getting thrown away. But luckily, this summer, I'll be 16 and old enough to get a real job over the summer.

I'm thinking of getting myself a nice Pearl Sensitone Elite Bronze or maybe a Chad Smith snare drum..

(And I say myself 'cause since I turned 18 Santa didn't show up anymore, fat bastard) :mad:

Haha, cheers.

I want under my tree a Yamaha Oak Custom kit in Red Oak color 6 pieces 8,10,12,14, 16, 22. I will keep my snares that I currently have as long as Santa will drop of the rest!!! Merry Christmas!

Our two year old Abyssinian cat who is enjoying climbing the tree and knocking down the cat toys (ornaments)!

GJS

I've been making a comprehensive list of gear that I need recently, not because of Christmas so much but because I genuinely didn't know what I actually wanted, and most if not all of my gear is old and bashed up and needs either refurbishing or replacing.

So far I've done cymbals and heads. Any of these for Christmas would be rather nice:

Paiste 2002 14" Wild Hats (to replace some extremely battered Paiste 200 hats I bought off ebay for £12)
Paiste 2002 22" Wild Ride (to replace my two Paiste 400s, 20" and 22", also off ebay for about £45 each)
Paiste 2002 16" Crash (to replace a Sabian AAXplosion 16" crash with an enormous chunk missing on one side, which I'm not certain I was even responsible for. This one was new, a warranty replacement after the same happened to its predecessor)
Paiste 2002 17" Wild Crash (to replace a Super Zyn 16", possibly a 5-Star, also off ebay for about £50)

Or even:

Paiste 2002 8" Splash (never owned a splash before)
Paiste 2002 19" Wild Crash (never had three crash cymbals before)
Paiste 2002 16" China (to augment/replace my Zildjian Z Custom 20" china, which is probably the best cymbal I own...just has a very deep sound, which I haven't quite reconciled with my other cymbals or the way I'm used to playing...it is nice though)

Some new drum heads would be nice too, I've been using the same ones for a long time. Even just my snare would be nice, the bottom head on there is the original paper-thin Ludwig head from when my LM402 was bought new in 2005! I don't have easy access to my full kit at the moment, but that's got seriously battered pinstripes on the toms and sound control heads on the reso sides that might have been bought in the 80s when the kit was new...

...or possibly some replacement hardware bits for the toms, which you need a spanner/wrench to do up and undo...that's not good. How did anyone ever put up with that?

Monster beats studio Headphones by Dr. Dre.. I wish I never put them on at Best buy because now my rather nice direct sound ex-25 headphones sound like crap. But for $300 I doubt I will be seeing them anytime soon.

Here's the list of what will be under my tree.

DW Collectors Exotic: Mapa Burl Candy Black Fade
Taye Studio Maple Wood-Hoop Snare

14" Zildjian Avedis Mastersound Hi-Hats
17" Zildjian A Custom Rezo Heavy Crash
18" Zildjan Avedis Thin Crash
20" Zildjian K Ride

DW 8300 Snare Stand
DW 9500 2 Leg Hi-Hat Stand
DW 5000 Double Pedal
Yamaha HXR3L HexRack

Obviously this is a gift to myself. Still, I'm seriously excited about the whole set-up.

Under my tree is a checkbook void of checks spent paying for what was under my tree last year.

Under my tree is a checkbook void of checks spent paying for what was under my tree last year.

Yes I know the feeling all too well. But isn't there at least one drum or drum-set that you would ask Santa for if he was able to deliver?
Remember: We're all just big-kids at times!

Last edited:
A Whitney drum kit! Which, until about a month ago, was going to be a reality....
Hey, maybe Santa will turn out to be real after all and deliver some! Never know.

I would like a new pedal. A single dw 900 or a iron cobra. Im not that picky>>>>>Oh wait i forgot my wife gave me my christmas money on black friday and i bought a zildjain a custom 18 inch fast crash and a 10 inch a custom splash. They never made it under the tree. Oh well it was a good christmas. I hope you all get a nice suprise from santa this year.

Back