This CUSTOM KIT!!!! is now FOR SALE! Pm me.

Re: My New Custom (Home Made) Drum Kit - What Do You Think?

how does playing behind glass affect the sound?

how does playing behind glass affect the sound?

I didn't think too much \, except for increased volume. It made me more dependant on my in ear monitors. However, I recently started noticing it gave my 16" Paragon crash a really noticable overtone.

Since then I have re set-up the jam room where the glass isn't right in front of that cymbal, which makes the overtones unnoticable.

Great job on the build, your kit looks amazing!! Had you heard a 6x12 tom prior to building it? The shallowest I've ever heard is a 7x12. Unusual sizes but I really dig it :)

Great job on the build, your kit looks amazing!! Had you heard a 6x12 tom prior to building it? The shallowest I've ever heard is a 7x12. Unusual sizes but I really dig it :)

Heh heh. Truthfully, I read somewhere that the shallower the drum, the warmer the tone. Also, I saw Bob Bryars new kit on tour, with the incredibly shallow toms, and they sound totally amazing. So, I just decided that that's what I wanted. I also had a backup plan, If I didn't like it, I was going to turn it into a side snare.

Back