My new Gurus

Cheers ID. Ah, I didn't figure on questions lol. Andy may want to fill in these gaps. I think it's English ash, not that I'd know one if I fell over one but I do remember a recent scare about a disease affecting English ash trees and Dean went on a mercy dash to stock up and ensure stable supply.

Very cool! I actually meant ash, but I was groggy tired and my fingers didn't type what my brain meant. Hey, I got a three letter word with one matching letter, right?

In any case, they look and sound beautiful.

Hahaha. Love that, Grea. With MAD gone, you have double the photoshop load to carry now.

All guru drums are wood-hoop only?

Which head is that for the kick batter, looks like an EMAD or EMAD2?
Emad (single ply)

Perish the thought! ... sorry Andy and Big Ian (for different reasons) - I couldn't resist :)
Now that is very naughty! ;) Anyhow, the Mapex badge is nowhere near big enough ;) ;) ;)

Hahaha. Love that, Grea. With MAD gone, you have double the photoshop load to carry now.
yes, & I smell trouble brewing. Even worse, on present evidence, I suspect I'm going to be on the receiving end of most of it! :(

All guru drums are wood-hoop only?
No Dr_, it's just that the Origin classic range comes with wood hoops as standard, but you can specify any hoop you like in any range. The exception is the bass drum, they're always furnished with our signature hoops.

Grea, I did notice that your photo's are fairly dark overall, but in one of your photos (below), the colour is closer to the real thing. I've sharpened it slightly too :)

Attachments

• Guru-drmprn2.jpg
    Guru-drmprn2.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 495
Gorgeous, distinctive, a winner. Tools for a lifetime.

Grea, they are just beautiful, but clearly much better with the new logo....

No, on second thoughts I think the original was best ;0)

Wow. I there ever were an inanimate object to fall in love with...

Stunning.

I would absolutely be afraid to have anything else in the room for fear of bumping, falling over and denting those tubs. I worry about my Renowns but those drums would be the finest pieces of furniture in my abode. Wonderful.

Congrats Grea. What a gear whore you are! What's this set #2? Isn't that just a little excessive?

I do have one question, and I can't believe I'm mentioning it, but don't the toms come with the Guru logo/badge on them? I don't see them, and the one side is hidden.

Are the Rhythm Travelers still part of your collection? Are you going to be gigging the Guru's? Did you get the PR cases too?

Guru Origin Series...there's no mistaking them for anything else.

Andy, since you're probably reading this, does the Intense design behave the same with segmented shells?

Comments about art and furniture are spot on. They do have a soft, smooth, almost buttery sensual quality about them when the morning light streams in through the portcullis ... at least someone in this house does these days.

Have attached an earlier "baby photo" on a day when there was better light ... lost count of the number of photos I've taken (most blurry or under/overexposed as I get used to the phone). I think this kit has become a child substitute haha

Larry, if I was working (WORK?? ref: Maynard G Krebs) I'd use the Gurus. For now I'm only taking the Guru floor and snare to practice as a Frankentraveller. The Origins are surprisingly light, but nothing compares with an RT for an easy lug (two toms nested in a green shopping bag).

As you know I'm over gigging. The band is booked for a little club in June. A free rehearsal in front of small group of somewhat bemused and amused drinkers. They get the RT.

Attachments

• Guru-front-light.jpg
    Guru-front-light.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 423
Real nice. Guru makes some of the best looking kits out there. Only wish I had the chance to play one haha. Have fun!

Simply out - stand - ding !!!!!!!!!!!!!​
Loved the Murgatroyd, also.​

Back