Czarcie Kopyto (Devil's hoof) - Double bass pedal from Poland

Re: CZARCIE KOPYTO pedals!!!

I wrote them an e-mail about one year ago - at that time the double version was 650 Euros plus some 50 Euros shipping (within Europe). There was a slight price increase then, but that was a few months back, I don't know what the current price is.

The price was stated somewhere on their website at that time. Or at least in a document one could open/download from the site. I've just taken a look at their website and haven't found any price indication this time though.

Just e-mail them for a price quote, and come back and tell us here ;-)

There's a thread on those pedals on Derek Roddy's website, too, but it's more of a "do you know those pedals?" type thread:
THE DEVIL's HOOF amazing looking pedal from Poland!
http://www.derekroddy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15702

I wrote them an e-mail about one year ago - at that time the double version was 650 Euros plus some 50 Euros shipping (within Europe). There was a slight price increase then, but that was a few months back, I don't know what the current price is.

The price was stated somewhere on their website at that time. Or at least in a document one could open/download from the site. I've just taken a look at their website and haven't found any price indication this time though.

Just e-mail them for a price quote, and come back and tell us here ;-)

There's a thread on those pedals on Derek Roddy's website, too, but it's more of a "do you know those pedals?" type thread:
THE DEVIL's HOOF amazing looking pedal from Poland!
http://www.derekroddy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15702

thanks! Won't be able to afford them for a while....

Another reference to Derek's website ;-)

A new member over there just posted his feedback on that pedal as he has a pair of them:
Thread title: Czarcie
http://www.derekroddy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18278

One of the rare real user feedbacks out there... This pedal is quite intriguing but I understand that people want to know more about them before spending the cash (checking it out in person would be the best option of course).

A Russian drummer has made a short video review (not really a full review but some nice infos and footage) that Czarcie shared on facebook:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qn9PiarKQg

PS: I've moved that more recent thread to the older one/here.

Last edited:
I sent several emails and inquiries and not one was ever replied to. I would have bought one right after I had my demon drives stolen.

Pretty lame if you can't get it together to answer an email from someone who wants to buy.

I have a Trick Dominator and the compression spring has an interesting bounce to it. I'm using it to work on a technique that involves stringing together heel-toe triplets on a single pedal into running double bass patterns when using both feet.

It has a slightly different sound than when playing heel-toe doubles sequentially. The interesting thing is that "pause" you have when playing doubles with heel-toe (I think of them as accents, galloping metal with an emphasis on every other kick :)) is less prominent when playing those triplets.

It struck me more because I got these pedals a few days back and achieving a sound like that (which I haven't really seen employed by other people) seems like a positive step for me.

The feel is there, I lack consistency with the triplets. I used to play heel up, but heel-toe seems like an easier way to generate more speed with less effort. Would like to include a short section on that aspect in a review video I'm planning.

Just wanted to throw that in there, seeing that a lot of people think the compression spring is just like an expression spring, or is inferior. Seeing is believing, of course.

Jeff Almeyda, might be a language issue! Sorry to hear about your Demon Drives, that's horrible.

- Reggae Mangle

Jeff, that's interesting info. And basically a shame - not world class in this regard...
Jeff Almeyda, might be a language issue!
Well they did reply when I inquired for the price about 2 years ago (my e-mail was in English and yes, English is ok with them). Just pretty disappointing as Jeff said he even e-mailed them several times. Czarcie, if you're reading this - don't let this ever happen again! You need to up your (prospect) customer service, communications included!

It must be a priority thing, life can be like that sometimes! I've heard about the company, but I can't imagine they're moving a lot of volumes since there aren't a lot of people talking about them, though there are some really famous endorsers. Someone needs to do a concrete review of these pedals!

- Reggae Mangle

After my last post, I decided to resend my last email. I received a reply right away this time.

Unfortunately, they are not selling the pedals in the USA at this time. Apparently another manufacturer is giving them problems. I would have to have one of my friends in UK or Canada get it for me.

Lead time is 6 months also.

But they do look well made I admit.

Looks to me like this company ships to the US now, unfortunately, they won't customize for a lefty double pedal, so at least there's an update for anyone willing to fork over at least $1250.

I recall Krimh showing off these pedals in a YouTube video. They seem nice. It definitely looks like it's caught on with the metal musicians, haha. Most of the artists are metal, if not all. I'm still completely satisfied with my Trick pedals, but it would be cool to try those out someday.

I'll stick with my very adjustable Trick and Axis pedals.
Trick Big Foot Pro-1v

Axis Laser withMicro-tune and Axis Hammer beater's

Back