Show your wood

The tension rods. Every drum manufacturer in the world uses the same thread, but DW? Noooooo, they have to be different and make their own with a finer thread count. I thought I would be playing it last night but the allen head rods I have bottomed out, too long.

haha had the same problem in the past. PDP are the same :(

love the snare bro!! would love to hear it more so.

24w81f7.jpg

My wood.

2u4q24l.jpg

Ces tambours sont belles mais elles ont été colorés, ils devraient être dans un thread différent. Ce fil est pour des finitions naturelles seulement.

Vraiment? Ne regarde pas comme une tache pour moi. Je peux me tromper cependant.

May be a mistake or two, I'm still learning :p

Non c'est très bien Daredrummer. Par contre tu aurais du dire ça ne ressemble pas à une TEINTURE pour moi.

Wow your french is very nice Daredrummer. Better than some of my students and better than my english!! But the word stain was not the proper one. When you use "tâche" your are saying a stain like "you have a stain on your shirt". When you wanna talk about anything that have been stained, then the right word in french is TEINTURE. Keep it up you are very good :)

Non c'est très bien Daredrummer. Par contre tu aurais du dire ça ne ressemble pas à une TEINTURE pour moi.

Wow your french is very nice Daredrummer. Better than some of my students and better than my english!! But the word stain was not the proper one. When you use "tâche" your are saying a stain like "you have a stain on your shirt". When you wanna talk about anything that have been stained, then the right word in french is TEINTURE. Keep it up you are very good :)

Merci!

I see your drums are of the same company as Travisfans, also from montreal. I assume Vaudou is a canadian brand?

The top one is my dream kit.I need to start saving some money for that. (For the next 5-6 years but it will be worth it)

Is Blackheart the species of wood? If so I have never heard of it, where is it grown?

I haven't heard of it either. Being Brady, I'd be pretty sure it's Australian.

"Heartwood" is generally the term used for wood that is older and has changed colour, over time, in the center of the tree making it darker (if i remember what my shop teacher said 12 years ago). It might be a Heartwood of an existing species.

Either way - it's HOT.

Ply... but hot :p

Ps. i'm not starting up a ply vs. stave debate!!

few steambent shells i have been working on this week,

Can I just say that these drums are every bit as fantastic as they look. I went over to the Jobeky drum festival last week (and just missed seeing Dean and Andy), had a quick play of some of the Guru kits and they were mindblowing. I wish I had the money to just order a set here and now because those are real drums for life!

This is my new kit, which I got very cheap second hand with hardware and cymbals.
It's a Stagg Jia with lovely wood hoops on the bass.
It's natural but I think it may be a wrap.
I couldn't afford to get the bands name written properly so I cut up a news paper and this is what i got!
also, say hi to crewse, my rabbit.

Attachments

• IMG_0274[1].JPG
    IMG_0274[1].JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 1,611
  • IMG_0272[1].JPG
    IMG_0272[1].JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 1,655
  • IMG_0269[1].JPG
    IMG_0269[1].JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,616
  • IMG_0295[1].JPG