Aquarian High Energy

thereactionsite

Right now I have an Evans G1 on my snare (14 in. export snare) and I like the sound i get out of it with especially nice rim shots. I was wondering if any body could compare the differences in sound betweent the G1 and high energy. or if the high energy is any good. And also how would it sound with a hazy 200, right now i have a hazy 300 but was looking for more sensitivity.

Right now I have an Evans G1 on my snare (14 in. export snare) and I like the sound i get out of it with especially nice rim shots. I was wondering if any body could compare the differences in sound betweent the G1 and high energy. or if the high energy is any good. And also how would it sound with a hazy 200, right now i have a hazy 300 but was looking for more sensitivity.

There really isn't a comparison between the G1 and the Hi-Energy head. The G1 is a good all purpose head. The Aquarian Hi-Energy head is more for heavy playing. It is an extremly tough head. As always, it depends on what type of drum your using it on as far as how it will sound. I have been using the Hi-Energy head for years now. It lasts forever. I keep it medium tight to... tight. I can get a very loud pop with some over-ring. You won't hear the ring while you play. The Hi-Energy will sound fine with your bottom head choice. I have used everything on the snare bottom such as, Ambassador, Diplomat and Emperor weight "snare side heads" all with great results but I found the thinner the head on the bottom, the better. More sensative, more volume.

Thanks^ Thats good to know that it will have that tiny ring because i do like that. It says like I would love this head. The only thing I'm worried about the hazy 200 is snare rattle. My snare already rattles enough when i hit my high tom, so I dont know how that will be.

If you want to eliminate snare buzz you could get a puresound equalizer snare wire. They are a little pricey (if want $8 cheaper go to SamAsh they have a 14" 14 strand wire there) but are a good investment and will last you a long time as long as you take care of them.

If you want to eliminate snare buzz you could get a puresound equalizer snare wire. They are a little pricey (if want $8 cheaper go to SamAsh they have a 14" 14 strand wire there) but are a good investment and will last you a long time as long as you take care of them.

Another tip is to unwind ever so slightly the lugs nearest the snare bed at both ends- just a little less then a quarter turn helps with that snare buzz a lot!

Back