Bobdadruma's birthday this Fri March 12. Come celebrate

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
It's my 53 birthday this Friday March 12.
I'll be playing an early set with The String Band at Toads Place in New Haven Ct.
If anyone wants to come and help me celebrate please do!
It would be great to meet some of you face to face.
8:00 would be a good time to arrive.
I'm looking forward to meeting any DW members who are in the New Haven CT area and can attend.

Yesdog must have the same jet that I have. Happy birthday sir.

Thanks guys, Sorry that you live far away.
When I was a kid I dreamed of playing at the famous Toads Place. I would go and see national acts there almost weekly. Now I play there frequently! I finally did something that I set out to do!
Isn't life Grand!

If I left now, I wouldn't make it in time Bob.......many happy returns for tomorrow. I'll be sure to buy you a cold one when I step out to the pub tomorrow.....alas, I'll have to take one for the team and drink it for you too I gues. It's a dirty job mate, but someone's gotta do it!!

All the very best for your 53rd!

Now is the time to buy a motorcycle with a side-wagon. And ride into the desert with a dwarf called Robert, who has a mustache.

Happy birthday anyway! :p

Thanks guys, Sorry that you live far away.
When I was a kid I dreamed of playing at the famous Toads Place. I would go and see national acts there almost weekly. Now I play there frequently! I finally did something that I set out to do!
Isn't life Grand!

HAha only a fellow Connecticut native could apreciate the dream of playing Toads! (my same dream) thats too funny. For you " out of towners" the Stones even played on that stage!!! Mabe I will see you there, if not, have a great one Bob.

Well Bob,

I won't be attending your celebratory jam session, but would like to extend my thanks to you for the invitation and announcement. I wish you nothing but the best for you and a fantastic time Friday night. And, of course, the best birthday ever. Have a great time!

My jet's not in the shop but I'll be in Boston that night. How close are you to NYC?

Wish I could be there. Have a great one!
Thanks caddy, My son is out west in Washington State at Fort Lewis. He is in the Army. He likes it there.
Thank you all for the best wishes. I hope to see some of you there.

HAha only a fellow Connecticut native could apreciate the dream of playing Toads! (my same dream) thats too funny. For you " out of towners" the Stones even played on that stage!!! Mabe I will see you there, if not, have a great one Bob.
That's so true! Whenever I step onto the stage at Toads, I can't help thinking about the history of the club and the people that I have seen perform there. I always try to do them justice by my performance. The other members in my band feel the same way.
Toads is a part of musical history!
We love new Haven and the people that attend the shows at Toads.

Music by old dead heads for old deadheads. Sounds like a must see. I'm gonna try hard but I gotta be up and on my way about 5 AM so if you see me having to much fun show me the door man. Old deadheads have to work too. Happy birthday Bob!
I like the way the music rambles. Sounds just right.
My favorite shows at Toads were Asleep at the Wheel and Johnny Winter. Frankly that's all I can remember.

Music by old dead heads for old deadheads. Sounds like a must see. I'm gonna try hard but I gotta be up and on my way about 5 AM so if you see me having to much fun show me the door man. Old deadheads have to work too. Happy birthday Bob!
I like the way the music rambles. Sounds just right.
My favorite shows at Toads were Asleep at the Wheel and Johnny Winter. Frankly that's all I can remember.
Yea Jim, Its all bits and pieces to me now also! Its those bits and pieces that I hold dearly in my heart. I also remember Johnny Winter at Toads. The Go Go's come to mind Too. There were so many!
I couldn't get close to the place the night that the Stones played, I tried!!
I also used to frequent the Agora Ball Room in New Haven. Remember that wonderful place?

Back